The Senior Manager of Customer Support will lead a team of EMEA Support Managers (and by proxy their teams of Product Experts) to deliver on the vision of the Global Customer Support team to deliver a world class customer experience. You'll be responsible for the growth and development of your team, driving efficiency, and acting as an escalation point for issues ( resolving them as they arise), and helping to develop the strategies necessary to reach Klaviyo’s goals.
The position reports to the Director of Customer Success and works closely with other teams and leaders across the company, fully owning the customer support experience and corresponding company metrics for their region. This person will be analytical, have a demonstrated track record of relentless, effective execution, be excited to tackle some of our Klaviyo’s most challenging opportunities for improving the customer experience.
How you'll make a difference:
- Drives value for customers by helping them achieve their business and technical outcomes through the day to day operation of their functional teams.
- Defines & ensures clarity around priorities and goals for their entire functional area.
- Oversees workforce distribution to ensure optimal customer coverage and team balance.
- Provide guidance and support to direct reports, composed of front-line managers.
- Operationalize and improve processes and documents for the functional group.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to mitigate customer risk; help your team to secure necessary assistance.
- Continuously provide input to scale and improve internal processes as well as customer support offerings.
- Communicates, motivates, and inspires employees on the team to drive a positive team culture.
- Responsible for execution & attainment of all 2021 strategy and operation goals through monitoring project progress, objectives, and team metrics.
- Oversees performance management processes for their entire business unit
- Responsible for approving hiring and attrition processes
- Hires and develops new managers; coaching through effective leadership( how to have an effective 1:1, how to hold a team meeting, how to hold a team accountable, and how to stretch top talent)
- Guide the talent identification and development processes for their region
- Work across functions with peers in other groups to ensure collaboration for shared goals
- Responsible for communication to leadership and peers, with regards to reporting out of goal achievement
- Work with eLeadership and other peers for strategy development and execution planning.
- Evaluate and measure customer satisfaction to develop and implement plans for continuous improvement
- Communicate financial and goal results and key performance indicators to direct reports
- Responsible for the planning and directing of the business function successfully through clear goal setting, objectives, and plans of execution.
- Creates an inclusive culture on their team through leading by example with being humble and open-minded, and operating with high integrity by being open to feedback.
- Establishes operational objectives for their business unit through proactive identification of key areas of opportunity keeping the customer journey at the center of all ideas.
- Proactively and successfully partners with key people in marketing, sales, and product to achieve shared goals and objectives. Has the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Leverages data and objective measures to design and make key business decisions.
- Results Driven by ensuring data is leveraged to make all decisions.
- Focused on the key strategies and execution of the business unit with visibility into cross functional impact.
- Facilitating goal-level creation for the broader function and working with managers to ensure the goals cascade to all workers.
- Ability to analyze issues and problem solve in an objective and scalable way.
Who You Are:
- A thoughtful communicator who is excellent at communicating through a variety of channels that require both written and verbal skills
- Passionate about creative problem solving for customers and internal teams
- Strong leader dedicated to helping others develop
- Self-motivated, eager to learn and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Capable of adapting quickly to changing priorities
- Analytical and driven to achieve quantitative and qualitative targets
- Nurture an environment of growth with encouragement and empowerment
- Experience with or able to quickly pick-up (a plus): Microsoft Office Suite, G-Suite, Google Sheets, PowerPoint, Zendesk, and Salesforce; DNS, IPs and other networking concepts, APIs; Email marketing platforms and E-Commerce platforms
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.