We are looking for a passionate, driven leader to take compliance and deliverability at Klaviyo to the next level. This is a unique role where you will be challenged to balance technology and people to drive the optimal business outcomes and customer experience. It's a role that encompasses technical infrastructure, software systems, and a team of talented individuals. As Klaviyo expands into the EMEA market, this role will be pivotal in defining, shaping, and penetrating that market.
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Think critically about what the team offers and how it executes. Proposes and implements changes to systems and processes to help the team be successful.
- Set clear goals and drive ongoing improvements to team operations and customer experience.
- Create, iterate and document compliance and deliverability processes, policies, and standards
- Drive thoughtful and effective communication with both Klaviyo customers and Klaviyo teams
- Track the overall health of the deliverability business across email, text messages, push notifications, and beyond.
- Track the overall health of the compliance systems at Klaviyo.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the compliance and deliverability specialists who work with our customers.
- Lead your team to maintain working relationships with all major mailbox providers.
- Lead a team that establishes and effectively communicates best practices for both compliance and deliverability.
- Represent Klaviyo as an industry expert at events like MAAWG, EEC, and so on.
- Lead, coach, and mentor to help Klaviyo employees learn and grow.
- Build a collaborative working environment where a diverse set of voices are empowered. Think broadly about what the company needs and is an effective collaborator with sales, product, support, and engineering teams.
Who You Are
- An individual with recognized compliance and deliverability expertise.
- A thoughtful communicator who is excellent at communicating through a variety of channels that require both written and verbal skills.
- Passionate about creative problem solving for customers and internal teams.
- Strong leader dedicated to helping others develop.
- Self-motivated, eager to learn and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Capable of adapting quickly to changing priorities.
- Analytical and driven to achieve quantitative and qualitative targets
- Nurture an environment of growth with encouragement and empowerment.
- Understands the technical aspects of email, including FBLs, DNS, DKIM, SPF, DMARC, TLS and other core infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of Blocklist Mitigation, Mailbox Filtering Mitigation at Klaviyos scale.
- Ability to restore customers faith in Klaviyo
- Has experience with cloud infrastructure providers (i.e. Twilio SendGrid, Sparkpost, etc)
- Has knowledge of global and regional data collection and handling requirements from both a legislative (CAN-SPAM, GDPR,CASL etc.) and receiver (Gmail, Microsoft etc.) perspective.
- Experience with CSA and other safelist vendors
- Relationships with regional ISPs to help inform, educate, and mitigate deliverability issues
- Deep understanding of regional privacy regulations in regions like Germany
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.