The backbone of the healthcare system is communication — between patients and their doctors, among healthcare teams, and even between practices and third-party providers like pharmacies, labs, and insurance companies.
But healthcare communication today is broken. It’s disconnected, siloed, antiquated, and highly inefficient — and in worst-case scenarios, it’s even responsible for lost patient lives.
We’re trying to fix that. Klara’s mission is to transform communication in healthcare, so all patients can receive great care.
We believe that the future of healthcare will be amazing. It will be patient-centric and truly connected — so medical teams can work together easily, information can be shared between people and systems seamlessly, and patients can always get the high-quality care that everyone deserves.
Though our mission is big, our team is still small. And that’s where you come in.
We are a Series B startup that’s growing quickly, with plenty of interesting challenges to tackle and foundations to build. It’s an entrepreneurial environment filled with opportunities for personal growth, where there is no shortage of projects to own or game-changing ideas to suggest. We are autonomous, data-driven, humble, and transparent. We have a healthy irreverence for the status-quo, and a relentless passion for making our users’ lives better. And we believe in the power of a talented team that can accomplish anything — even revolutionizing healthcare.
About the Role
As the Product Manager for Klara Core, you will be focused on building, iterating, and improving the communication pathways between patients, clinical/administrative staff, and third parties. The strategic priorities you will lead may include:
- Intelligent routing of inbound patient communication
- Enabling teams to manage patient communication tasks at scale
- Integration of various channels into a cohesive communication experience including SMS, web chat, email, voice, video, and others
You’ll work directly with Engineering, Design, as well as with Sales, Support, Marketing, and Leadership to ship great products. You’ll take part in every type of product work here — from strategy to product to process improvements.
- Set the vision, strategy, and roadmap for your team
- Prioritize customer value and clearly articulate what’s needed so your team can focus and execute quickly
- Connect the dots across experiences using qualitative and quantitative methods to create a cohesive communication experience for patients and medical teams
- Build a high-performing cross-functional team with deep customer insights, co-creation and camaraderie
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the product, market, and competition
- Measure your team’s impact on customer outcomes and company priorities
- Measure your and your team’s performance with a focus on transparency, accountability, and continuous improvement
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment with internal business partners other organizational needs
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in product management
- Strong record of success delivering digital products and experiences to market (from zero to one)
- Solid foundation in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Passionate about understanding customer problems and jobs to be done
- Customer-centric, market-driven, and inquisitive by nature
- Able to rapidly create strong relationships with external and internal partners
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, be nimble and adaptable, and handle ambiguity
- Lead by example; not afraid to get hands dirty, immerse in details when necessary, but maintain strategic perspective as well
- Experience commercializing digital health products for consumers, patients, and/or health care providers
- Experience delivering solutions in the communication space for B2B or B2B2C SaaS companies