The future of healthcare will be amazing. Technology will transform everything for the
better, making care patient-centric and truly connected, so that information can be accessed
and shared easily and seamlessly - and everyone can get high-quality care.
At Klara, we believe healthcare is a service that fundamentally relies on communication with
and around the patient. Our mission is to revolutionize communication for everyone
involved in a patient‘s journey.
Klara offers an entrepreneurial environment where personal growth and interesting
challenges are part of your regular day. You can tackle those opportunities independently
while also taking responsibility for individual projects on your team.
We trust in the power of talent and value commitment. Together, we want to change how
patients and doctors communicate. The best way to do this is with a strong international
team that is dedicated to improving healthcare and how it is delivered globally.
About the Role:
Klara is seeking an innovative individual who is passionate about AI and its application in
the service of patients and practitioners.
This person will work closely with Klara product and engineering teams to identify and
realize opportunities to enhance our products and user experience using ML techniques. This
job, based in Berlin, Germany, entails end to end ownership of the ML solution, from ideation
Ready to join our team? Here’s what we are looking for
● Partner closely with PMs, designers, and FE engineers to identify and specify new
applications for ML in the service of Klara users
● Train, tune and evaluate ML model performance
● Collaborate with with FE, BE and data engineers to deploy models to production
and establish data collection for additional iterations
● Identify accuracy and performance problems and iterate on technical solutions
● Advise and inform other team members on optimal application and evaluation of
ML techniques in production
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving
software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience
● At least 2 years of work experience in Machine Learning or Artificial
Intelligence, including experience with NLP
● At least 1 year of work experience authoring production-grade code in a general purpose programming
language (for example, Java, C/C++, Python or Ruby)
● Bonus qualifications:
○ Experience solving problems using Machine Learning with Tensorflow or
○ Experience with AWS / GCP
● Passionate about practical use of innovative tech, and about instructing and
● Continuously learn and challenge existing preconceptions
● Think globally, act locally
● Strong bias for action
● Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback