The future of healthcare will be very positively transformed by technology making care patient-centric where information can be accessed and shared easily and securely. At Klara, we believe healthcare is a service that fundamentally relies on communication with and around the patient. Klara was founded in 2013 with the mission to change the broken healthcare experience by directly connecting doctors and patients through technology. Elements like procedures or surgeries might be constants, but anything around them including most forms of treatment is communication. And that’s what‘s broken. Healthcare communication is disconnected, siloed, antiquated and highly inefficient.
Our mission is to revolutionize communication for everyone involved in a patient‘s journey.
Klara offers an entrepreneurial environment where personal growth and interesting challenges are part of your regular day. You can tackle those opportunities independently while also taking responsibility for individual projects on your team.
We trust in the power of talent and value commitment. Together, we want to change how patients and doctors communicate. The best way to do this is with a strong international team that is dedicated to improving healthcare and how it is delivered globally.
About the Role:
The Director, People is designed to provide high-touch people partnership to all of our teams. You will operate as an internal consultant delivering services in a daily pursuit of Klara’s vision, mission, and goals.
You will play a critical role in implementing programs and strategies that support and develop our team and infrastructure. You’ll coach and consult managers on how to better manage. You will help our team perform at their best. And you will support Klara by reinforcing and strengthening the company’s values, processes, and practices.
- Work with Executives and Managers to align the people strategy with business goals.
- Act as an advocate, trusted advisor, and strategic partner for employees, managers, and leaders across Klara.
- You’ll be assessing, examining findings, proposing solutions, testing, measuring, and iterating.
- Coach and empower managers to be able to own and navigate critical people programs and processes such as onboarding, employee relations, compensation, and people development.
- Enable managers and executives to build high performing teams through engagement surveys, team effectiveness exercises, and by embedding yourself within the business.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- A hands-on, innovative and forward-thinking approach to the People function and overall company culture
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Experience with international and remote teams
- Full understanding of all HR functions and best practices
- Proven work experience working in a fast-moving, high growth environment
- Proven track record establishing relationships and acting as a trusted advisor to business leaders
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in various People/HR functional areas
- Strong problem-solving, critical/analytical thinking abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines