The backbone of the healthcare system is communication — between patients and their doctors, among healthcare teams, and even between practices and third-party providers like pharmacies, labs, and insurance companies.
But healthcare communication today is broken. It’s disconnected, siloed, antiquated, and highly inefficient — and in worst-case scenarios, it’s even responsible for lost patient lives. We’re trying to fix that. Klara’s mission is to transform communication in healthcare, so all patients can receive great care.
We believe that the future of healthcare will be amazing. It will be patient-centric and truly connected — so medical teams can work together easily, information can be shared between people and systems seamlessly, and patients can always get the high-quality care that everyone deserves.
Though our mission is big, our team is still small. And that’s where you come in.
What You'll do
- As a Product Designer, you will create engaging and cohesive experiences that identify and anticipate user needs.
- You will remain involved throughout the design lifecycle. (user research, ideation, concept development, validation, wire-framing, prototyping, final visual design, and handoff to implementation)
- You will conduct research and user testing efforts to provide actionable recommendations to shape our information architecture and user experience.
- You will facilitate and evolve the look and feel of our Design System, its components and patterns, from concepts to implementation.
- You will participate in collaborative sessions with all levels of company stakeholders such as product managers, marketing, engineering, customer success and sales.
- Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Understand product specifications and user psychology.
- Conduct concept and usability testing, and gather feedback.
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to your team and other stakeholders.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs.
- Create beautiful, emotionally compelling, pixel-perfect mockups of the end-to-end user experience.
- Establish metrics to measure effectiveness, collaborate on design experiments, and drive continuous improvements.
- Provide actionable recommendations to shape our information architecture and user experience.
- Our customers are in the US. Interacting with them (research, user testing, etc.) is one of your main responsibilities.
- Always seek out for design best practices, design patterns across multiple industries and products to constantly evolve our product and design language.
What we look for in a candidate
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Design, HCI, Human Factors, or a related field OR equivalent experience.
- A strong track record and understanding of visual and interaction design (5+ years of experience in the field, ideally some of it spent at an early stage, series A or B startup)
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing your strengths in visual design craft, interaction design logic, and the rationale behind your design decisions.
- Mastery of modern design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Framer, Whimsical, etc.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Strong ability to present and defend design decisions to colleagues and project stakeholders.
- Effective time management skills to balance project schedule with fast-paced deadlines.
- Bonus points if you have experience working in Healthcare or have an understanding of privacy and/or data regulations.
- Above all, we value experienced, self-aware and self-directed individuals, capable of being amazing team players, across design, product, and engineering.
Join us on our mission to revolutionise healthcare
We are a Series B startup that’s growing quickly, with plenty of interesting challenges to tackle and foundations to build. It’s an entrepreneurial environment filled with opportunities for personal growth, where there is no shortage of projects to own or game-changing ideas to suggest. We are autonomous, data-driven, humble, and transparent. We have a healthy irreverence for the status quo, and a relentless passion for making our users’ lives better. And we believe in the power of a talented team that can accomplish anything — even revolutionising healthcare. We hope you’ll join us on this challenging and exciting journey!