The backbone of the healthcare system is communication — between patients and their doctors, among healthcare teams, and even between practices and third-party providers like pharmacies, labs, and insurance companies.
But healthcare communication today is broken. It’s disconnected, siloed, antiquated, and highly inefficient — and in worst-case scenarios, it’s even responsible for lost patient lives.
We’re trying to fix that. Klara’s mission is to transform communication in healthcare, so all patients can receive great care.
We believe that the future of healthcare will be amazing. It will be patient-centric and truly connected — so medical teams can work together easily, information can be shared between people and systems seamlessly, and patients can always get the high-quality care that everyone deserves.
Though our mission is big, our team is still small. And that’s where you come in.
We are a Series A startup that’s growing quickly, with plenty of interesting challenges to tackle and foundations to build. It’s an entrepreneurial environment filled with opportunities for personal growth, where there is no shortage of projects to own or game-changing ideas to suggest. We are autonomous, data-driven, humble, and transparent. We have a healthy irreverence for the status quo, and a relentless passion for making our users’ lives better. And we believe the power of a talented team can accomplish anything — even revolutionizing healthcare.
About the Role:
As a UX Designer, you will create engaging and cohesive experiences that identify and anticipate user needs. You will remain involved throughout the design lifecycle, from ideation through development and into testing, to ensure the delivery of solutions that are as useful as they are elegant. You will conduct research and user testing efforts to provide actionable recommendations to shape our information architecture and user experience. Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers.
This role will require the ability to multitask, project manage and quickly grasp the intricacies of our user’s workflows. The position demands a hands-on and results-oriented individual with strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Understand product specifications and user psychology.
- Define Jobs to be Done through user research and data.
- Conduct concept and usability testing, and gather feedback.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs.
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to your team and developers.
- Establish metrics to measure effectiveness, collaborate on design experiments, and drive continuous improvements.
- Provide actionable recommendations to shape our information architecture and user experience.
- Help shape the strategy for our design and UX work-through recommendations from data, user testing, and best practices.
- Identify opportunities for standardization and reuse in our work.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends.
- Be a strong and persuasive advocate for our users.
This position requires a passionate, creative, and motivated individual who understands the importance of putting the user first. We need a designer who takes into account business objectives, user needs, experience principles, and industry best practices to inform engaging, purposeful solutions governed by big-picture strategic thinking. Above all, we value experienced, self-aware and self-directed individuals, capable of being amazing team players, across design, product, and engineering.
- 3+ years as UX Designer/Researcher at a SaaS company, ideally some of it spent at an early stage, series A or B startup.
- Our customers are in the US. Interacting with them (research, user testing, etc.) is one of your main responsibilities.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Mastery of common, modern design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Invision, etc.).
- A purposeful aesthetic sense, with an eye for detail and a demonstrated understanding of typography, color, and layout.
- Great team player, able to communicate and collaborate in a remote, distributed work environment. You take joy in motivating and inspiring others.
- Deep understanding of UX research and design principles and methodologies.
- Ability to understand complex systems and requirements, and translate them to simple yet compelling experiences.
- Ability to conduct research and user testing, and translate them into actionable results.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where proactive problem-solving skills are essential.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet milestones and deadlines.
- Ability to present and defend design decisions to colleagues and project stakeholders.
- Comfort user testing in a HIPAA compliant manner. Patient privacy is paramount therefore the tools available for testing can be limited. You must be able to deftly navigate these constraints.