The backbone of the healthcare system is communication — between patients and their doctors, among healthcare teams, and even between practices and third-party providers like pharmacies, labs, and insurance companies.
But healthcare communication today is broken. It’s disconnected, siloed, antiquated, and highly inefficient — and in worst-case scenarios, it’s even responsible for lost patient lives.
We’re trying to fix that. Klara’s mission is to transform communication in healthcare, so all patients can receive great care.
We believe that the future of healthcare will be amazing. It will be patient-centric and truly connected — so medical teams can work together easily, information can be shared between people and systems seamlessly, and patients can always get the high-quality care that everyone deserves.
Though our mission is big, our team is still small. And that’s where you come in.
We are a Series A startup that’s growing quickly, with plenty of interesting challenges to tackle and foundations to build. It’s an entrepreneurial environment filled with opportunities for personal growth, where there is no shortage of projects to own or game-changing ideas to suggest. We are autonomous, data-driven, humble, and transparent. We have a healthy irreverence for the status quo, and a relentless passion for making our users’ lives better. And we believe the power of a talented team can accomplish anything — even revolutionizing healthcare.
About the Role:
We're building a messaging platform that will change healthcare forever. We’re tackling some of the hardest problems in American healthcare industry and we're building the best engineering team that we believe is critical in achieving our mission. Our fast-growing user base and expansion to new market segments mean that there's always more work to be done. We’re culture sensitive unit that strongly believes in transparency, effective communication, ownership and ability to plan & organize your own work including breaking down large tasks and prioritizing them.
You'll work with world class engineers with foresight and competence. Our customers and internal stakeholders have high expectations from the Engineering Team. Medical security adds an extra dimension to design and development making our work particularly challenging. We’re passionate about quality of code, design, tests, processes and of course work-life balance. You'll design and build solutions, fix bugs, provide technical support to internal stakeholders.
- Deliver solutions matching our high quality and security standards
- Architect solutions to complex business problems at scale without over-engineering
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, product managers in specification design & estimations
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements and an action plan
- Guide engineers technically in your area of expertise
- 7+ years experience in software development
- Exceptional communication skills
- Deep knowledge of web development fundamentals
- Experience in Ruby on Rails / React / Redux
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Deep understanding of relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Proven experience in performance tuning of various tools
- Experience working with a fast paced start-up
- Experience speaking at meetups/conferences