KKR is a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management and capital markets and insurance solutions. With offices in over 20 cities across 16 countries and 4 continents, KKR sponsors investment funds that invest in private equity, credit and real assets and has strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR’s insurance subsidiaries offer retirement, life, and reinsurance products under the management of The Global Atlantic Financial Group.
As a firm we manage investments across multiple asset classes and as individuals we are encouraged to think creatively to solve problems, explore opportunities, take on new responsibilities and challenges, put our clients first and contribute to our communities. We often measure success over years, not quarters. We value integrity in all that we do, whether it’s presenting numbers accurately or being open and honest with a portfolio company executive. People want to do business with those they like and trust. It’s a mantra instilled in all of us from the top down.
At KKR, we believe that diverse teams increase performance and produce better results. Teams consisting of employees with varied backgrounds and perspectives will help strengthen our Firm and our investment decisions. Therefore, in an effort to enhance the diversity of our organization, we are particularly focused on recruiting talent that will bring different experiences, capabilities, skills and viewpoints to our organization.
The Global Macro & Asset Allocation (GMAA) group partners with KKR investment teams and senior management to develop views on economic growth, secular trends and relative value, to help inform global investing, asset allocation and risk management decisions, both internally and externally.
KKR is seeking to recruit a talented Research Associate to join the U.S. GMAA team in New York. The successful candidate will play a highly impactful role and will have the opportunity to influence investment decisions, contribute to capital raising efforts, and develop content for the KKR brand in media and press.
The successful Research Associate on this team will work with the existing MD and Director to:
- Identify and quantify macro risks and opportunities in major private equity, private credit, and real asset deals, as part of the investment team’s due diligence process
- Develop thematic research on emerging macro and industry trends that will inform KKR investment strategy across its businesses
- Work with the team in setting and communicating macro forecasts that help drive investment underwriting e.g., GDP, inflation, interest rates, FX, commodity prices, equity valuation, asset class expected returns
- Leverage alternative data to identify investment themes and/or forecast key inputs e.g., designing and analyzing proprietary surveys
- Prepare materials for regular meetings with global investment teams on how portfolios should be positioned, including views on which sectors should be risk on, risk off, etc.
- Serve as an extension of KKR brand in developing content for external distribution e.g., KKR Insights notes
The ideal candidate for this role will have 3-5 years of work experience in management consulting, or investment/macroeconomic research. In addition, they will have:
- Exceptionally strong quantitative, analytical, and communication skills
- Experience building complex financial models, statistical models and producing forecasts
- An ability to synthesize findings into presentations and write research summaries and reports
- Conducted thematic research across various sectors, asset classes, countries or regions
- An ability to successfully navigate ambiguity and the creativity to develop new approaches to work
- Relationship management and interpersonal skills that will allow them to work across many verticals successfully
- A team-oriented, collegial approach, with a positive attitude and a willingness to help out wherever necessary
- Intellectual curiosity and self-motivation
- A desire to take ownership of projects and stay with them until completion
- An ability to prioritize time efficiently while managing multiple demands and projects and remaining attentive to detail
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Statistical Software Programs
- A bachelor’s or graduate degree in economics, finance, business/mathematics; or a related professional certification such as a CFA charter
The following qualifications are preferred but not required:
- Familiarity with Haver and Bloomberg
- Experience using Python to analyze large data sets
KKR is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable law.
The company requires COVID-19 vaccination (including booster) for employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.