KKR is a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management and capital markets and insurance solutions. With offices in over 20 cities across 16 countries and 4 continents, KKR sponsors investment funds that invest in private equity, credit and real assets and has strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR’s insurance subsidiaries offer retirement, life, and reinsurance products under the management of The Global Atlantic Financial Group.
As a firm we manage investments across multiple asset classes and as individuals we are encouraged to think creatively to solve problems, explore opportunities, take on new responsibilities and challenges, put our clients first and contribute to our communities. We often measure success over years, not quarters. We value integrity in all that we do, whether it’s presenting numbers accurately or being open and honest with a portfolio company executive. People want to do business with those they like and trust. It’s a mantra instilled in all of us from the top down.
At KKR, we believe that diverse teams increase performance and produce better results. Teams consisting of employees with varied backgrounds and perspectives will help strengthen our Firm and our investment decisions. Therefore, in an effort to enhance the diversity of our organization, we are particularly focused on recruiting talent that will bring different experiences, capabilities, skills and viewpoints to our organization.
KKR seeks to recruit an experienced RIA Sales Hybrid to work in partnership with the Relationship Managers that cover registered investment advisors at private wealth management firms in their respective territories. The ideal candidate will bring deep knowledge of alternative asset classes across private and registered fund structures, existing relationships with financial advisors at leading private wealth management platforms, a demonstrated track record of navigating and raising capital from this client segment, and an ability to represent the KKR brand with institutional quality in the marketplace. This individual will work seamlessly with the distribution and product development team members in Private Wealth Partners, as well as the product and investment teams of each of the relevant businesses at KKR.
- Work in partnership with specified Relationship Managers to develop and maintain relationships with registered investment advisors in their respective territories in order to drive sales and AUM growth across episodic and evergreen funds
- Assist in developing and implementing business plan to manage territories in most efficient and impactful manner, including ongoing management of sales pipeline and utilizing data/analytics to facilitate target marketing
- Drive results and raise awareness of KKR investment products and services by delivering key messages through targeted prospecting activities
- Proactively initiate calls, meetings, and follow-up activities with prospective and existing RIAs, both individually and in support of Relationship Managers, to drive sales activity
- Understand and effectively communicate complex alternative investment capabilities across private and registered investment vehicles to existing and prospective clients in a clear and simple fashion, in both verbal and written form
- Maintain a strong understanding of the competitive landscape across investment strategies, private and registered investment structures, and relevant private wealth platforms
- Maintain constant and open communication with Relationships Managers to ensure maintenance of daily activities and meeting/call notes in CRM
- Generate and maintain continuous touchpoints by email, phone, and in-person with clients to build rapport, trust, and connectivity; assist with client service inquiries and requests, including leading update calls
- Participate on cross-functional project teams to assist with go-to-market strategy, product positioning, new product development,
- Provide management with assistance on sales reporting and data for overall business updates and planning
- Communicate effectively with Relationship Managers, team members, and management to ensure a high degree of transparency and collaboration
- 3-6+ years of sales experience with financial advisors at leading wealth management firms, with a strong proficiency in both the issues they face and industry trends more generally
- Comprehensive understanding of financial investment strategies, including a depth of expertise across alternative assets classes in both private and registered structures (interval funds, BDCs, REITs)
- Demonstrated track record of success raising assets and increasing market presence within this client segment
- Superior communication and presentation skills coupled with the requisite level of gravitas to effectively position KKR and its capabilities to investors
- Ability to engage clients in solutions-oriented discussions; effectively position and showcase varied products and solutions to help advisors reach their investment objectives
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize targets and handle a busy calendar of client meetings
- Solid comprehension of the marketing and operational elements of private wealth firms
- Effective relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Team player that can collaborate across sales, product, and other functional areas of the firm
- High level of accountability and drive; self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to travel
- Excellent academic credentials including an undergraduate degree from a top tier institution; MBA, CFA or / or CAIA preferred
KKR is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable law.
The company requires COVID-19 vaccination (including booster) for employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.