KKR is a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management and capital markets and insurance solutions. With offices in over 20 cities across 16 countries and 4 continents, KKR sponsors investment funds that invest in private equity, credit and real assets and has strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR’s insurance subsidiaries offer retirement, life, and reinsurance products under the management of The Global Atlantic Financial Group.
As a firm we manage investments across multiple asset classes and as individuals we are encouraged to think creatively to solve problems, explore opportunities, take on new responsibilities and challenges, put our clients first and contribute to our communities. We often measure success over years, not quarters. We value integrity in all that we do, whether it’s presenting numbers accurately or being open and honest with a portfolio company executive. People want to do business with those they like and trust. It’s a mantra instilled in all of us from the top down.
At KKR, we believe that diverse teams increase performance and produce better results. Teams consisting of employees with varied backgrounds and perspectives will help strengthen our Firm and our investment decisions. Therefore, in an effort to enhance the diversity of our organization, we are particularly focused on recruiting talent that will bring different experiences, capabilities, skills and viewpoints to our organization.
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to be based in Hong Kong / Singapore, to join our growing team of data and analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced cloud-based services, data architecture, data engineering, data pipeline development (ETL), and analytical tools. We are seeking an engineer who enjoys optimizing data systems and building enterprise scale data services. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Skill / Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline.
• 10+ years Development experience
• Experience in Python and related open source modules
• Experience in Python development including Web application frameworks such as Flask / FAST API
• Experience working with RESTful API Services
• Strong database skills with a thorough understanding of relational database and understanding of Object Oriented databases
• Exposure with the AWS Stack / RDS / is preferred
• Knowledge of open source solutions and trending technologies
• Good communication and written skills
• Ability to be self-sufficient and proactive individual contributor
• Exposure to Private/Public Markets
• Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
• Knowledge of web standards, security, accessibility, browser compatibility
• Experience in a Business Intelligence tool e.g. Tableau and Dremio
• Exposure to ML / AI and python libraries (pandas, NumPy, SciPy) and concepts
KKR is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable law.
The company requires COVID-19 vaccination (including booster) for employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.