Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.4 billion in loan capital for 3.6 million borrowers in 95 countries. Our lenders fund over $13 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
At Kiva, we’re building new products and experiences to create economic opportunity and enable financial inclusion for communities across the globe. As the Creative Director, bringing a strong background in visual design and skill with words, you’ll play a lead role at Kiva’s Creative Studio.
Reporting to the Head of Design, you will empower the team and lead all creative output from Creative Studio, including major tentpole campaigns such as International Women’s Day and World Refugee Day. You’ll bring the team through the entire process, from concept development to creative project oversight, and get involved with figuring out the details too.
Your work at Kiva will enable people across the world to do good and help each other. This role requires a high level of collaboration with our Marketing, Product Design, Growth & Analytics teams. We’re looking for curious, thoughtful, collaborative people who want to live their values.
This is a remote full-time position with the option to work from at our San Francisco HQ or remote.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead Creative Studio initiatives, such as creating future visions for upcoming campaigns, products, services, and features
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to provide a strong creative voice as you partner on strategy, timelines, and business goals
- Generate clear creative briefs from marketing plans that align Kiva’s strategic and business needs with compelling creative output
- Lead critiques and check-ins for ongoing Creative Studio output and be the voice of Creative Studio by socializing this work internally
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions around upcoming Creative Studio projects with stakeholders such as Marketing, Product Design, and Strategic Partnerships
- Ensure all creative is aligned with the new Kiva brand and identity (launching Q3), and continue to evolve the new Kiva brand and identity with Product Design
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to design user experiences from conception to launch
- 5+ years experience as a Creative Director, ideally on consumer products
- Experience overseeing and executing creative content for major marketing initiatives
- Comfort in navigating problems and opportunities autonomously and independently
- Strong strategic thinking, collaboration, and communication skills
- Comfortable with x-functional internal collaboration and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills; willing to provide and receive constructive feedback as a part of the creative process
What we offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.