Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers, and students around the world. Through Kiva Capital, we serve as a bridge between large-scale impact first investors and underserved populations. Our digital identity platform enables borrowers who don’t have a track record with traditional financial institutions to record and verify their financial history and gain access to less costly mainstream financial markets.
Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity on a global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.57 billion in loan capital for 3.9 million borrowers in 98 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
Impact first - This is why we exist. This is the drumbeat we march to. Every day.
Extreme ownership - Own it; you, your relationships, your impact. Insist that others support you and hold you accountable.
Be curious and bold - Never stop learning. Question assumptions. Take Risks and dream big.
Inclusion. Equity. Diversity. - Without reservation and without caveat. In our hiring, in our workplace and in our impact in the world.
Honor and integrity - Do the most right thing in the most right way. Cherish diversity and respect each other.
Love and kindness always - Say what you mean. Mean what you say. And don't say it mean. Clarity. Courage. Kindness.
At Kiva, we’re broadening our focus and building new products that will create economic opportunity and enable agency and choice through financial inclusion across the globe. As a Senior Product Designer, you will be a key member of Kiva’s Design Team.
Reporting to the Head of Design, you will incubate and grow our existing Kiva initiatives, such as Kiva.org, the Kiva Android and iOS apps, and Protocol. Your work at Kiva will enable people across the world to do good and help each other. This role requires a high level of collaboration with our Engineering, Product, and Growth Marketing teams. We’re looking for curious, thoughtful, collaborative people who want to live their values.
This is a full-time position that can be U.S. remote or located in San Francisco at our new HQ.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to design user experiences from conception to launch
- Create innovative experiences by delivering UX solutions, designs, and specifications
- Engage with Kiva users, plan and execute research studies, and leverage data and evidence to make confident design decisions
- Participate in all aspects of the design process to frame problems, research use cases and users, define insights, share your vision, prototype and produce launch-ready assets
- Support the engineering team through regular collaboration and delivery of production-ready assets and specifications
- Lead broader design initiatives, such as creating future visions for upcoming products, services, and features
- 5+ years experience designing best-of-class digital products - ideally consumer products, nonprofit, and/or financial services
- Experience across the full product development spectrum: from ideation and strategy to hands-on implementation
- Comfort in navigating problems and opportunities autonomously and independently
- Strong strategic thinking, collaboration, and communication skills
- Comfortable with cross-functional collaboration between Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing
- Strong customer focus: ability to conduct user research and translate insights from customer interviews, usability tests and site metrics into actionable design solutions
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills; willing to provide and receive constructive feedback as a part of the creative process
What We Offer
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
- Salary Range for Colorado: $125K - $150K
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.