Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.57 billion in loan capital for 3.9 million borrowers in 98 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
Impact first - This is why we exist. This is the drumbeat we march to. Every day.
Extreme ownership - Own it; you, your relationships, your impact. Insist that others support you and hold you accountable.
Be curious and bold - Never stop learning. Question assumptions. Take Risks and dream big.
Inclusion. Equity. Diversity. - Without reservation and without caveat. In our hiring, in our workplace and in our impact in the world.
Honor and integrity - Do the most right thing in the most right way. Cherish diversity and respect each other.
Love and kindness always - Say what you mean. Mean what you say. And don't say it mean. Clarity. Courage. Kindness.
As a Principal Product Manager at Kiva you’ll be responsible for thought leadership and driving initiatives that affect lenders and borrowers around the world. We are seeking a tenured product manager with a track record of achieving business outcomes by building amazing customer-facing products. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Kiva’s mission and exhibit impressive leadership, product, technical and marketing skills.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be a senior leader in the organization, helping drive the Kiva Marketplace product roadmap and vision by identifying opportunities to innovate and drive value for Kiva’s customers.
- Ensure the smooth rollout of new features and the continued quality and performance of existing products, focusing on Kiva’s most significant and complex features.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, design, marketing and other teams across the Kiva organization.
- Lead across the entire product lifecycle, from research and requirements to working with designers to create wireframes, mockups and prototypes, to user testing, to measuring impact and optimizing.
- Run a rapid experimentation cycle to test hypotheses and optimize products once launched.
- Be a mentor within the product team and across the organization.
- Serve as the voice of the user and ensure that we are appropriately balancing the needs of our lenders, borrowers and the Kiva organization.
- 8+ years in a product management role.
- Experience with a consumer marketplace product and consumer mobile apps preferred.
- Proven ability to deliver business results by developing, prioritizing and delivering on a roadmap that addresses customer needs and pain points via innovative products.
- Strong execution orientation, with a deep understanding of the product development lifecycle, including experience in an agile software development environment
- Demonstrated success in highly collaborative environments, including developing productive relationships with engineering and a range of other stakeholders
- Self-starter and leader with proven ability to work through uncertainty
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Passionate about Kiva and its long term potential.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!