Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.4 billion in loan capital for 3.6 million borrowers in 95 countries. Our lenders fund over $13 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
About the Role
An integral member of Kiva's dynamic Strategic Partnerships (SP) team, the right candidate will be excited to roll up their sleeves to manage and expand strategic partnerships and relationships with corporations, ultimately leading to philanthropic investments and engagement in Kiva’s strategies -- currently Kiva Capital, Kiva Protocol, Kiva Labs, and Kiva’s crowdfunding Marketplace, Kiva.org. Your energy and direct efforts will result in securing relationship revenue through strong partnership development and matchmaking opportunities for grant funding, building corporate lending programs via employee engagement and consumer outreach, and stewarding partnerships. The position can be based in San Francisco, Portland, or New York, and will report to the Director of Strategic Partnerships in San Francisco.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
- Source and maintain relationships with 75-100 organizations with a goal of raising $4M+ annually in loan volume and/or organizational support for Kiva’s strategic initiatives
- Generate new potential through prospect research, targeted outreach, and active participation in relevant networks such as financial inclusion, corporate social responsibility, international development, and fintech
- Manage all external and internal communications as it pertains to your portfolio, memos, grant writing, and ongoing reporting to ensure timeliness and high-quality relationships for Kiva
- Develop pitch decks and concept strategy documents for new corporate partners including creative ideas to engage their employees and consumers through lending on Kiva, as well as for Kiva’s evolving strategies around Protocol, Kiva Capital, Kiva Labs.
- Maintain Salesforce database with accurate relationship development records and information
- Represent Kiva externally with poise and professionalism and exercise the judgment to know when other Kivan knowledge partners are needed
- Serve internally as an SP team captain or lead for program information flows
- 20% travel required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and excellent listening skills; adept at using PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Collaborative approach to working with internal teams across Kiva in order to coordinate and serve as translator and champion for opportunities including with Senior Management, Product and Engineering, Legal, Finance, Impact Investments, and Marketing and Product teams
- Comfortable juggling multiple stakeholders’ requests and driving deliverables on an accelerated timeline
- Sound judgment; ability to represent Kiva externally with poise and grace
- Track record of building successful employee engagement and/or consumer engagement campaigns for corporations and/or track record of securing six-figure grants and donations from corporations and foundations
- Experience working with databases, specifically Salesforce
- Must be independent and trustworthy to take on and manage relationships, while also being a team player and communicative with a broad set of stakeholders
- Results and detail-oriented, extremely organized, and able to multi-task - ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take proactive initiative while working within a team dynamic
- Experience living or working internationally, particularly in a developing country context
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization(s), specifically in a non-profit development role or for-profit sales experience, with a significant portion of your past portfolio(s) including working with corporations
- Experience working with C-level executives at corporations, foundations and/or wealth managers
What We Offer
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.