Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. In just 13 years, we have raised more than $1.2 billion in loan capital for 2.7 million borrowers in 83 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
As a Senior Product Manager at Kiva, you’ll be responsible for leading initiatives that affect lenders, borrowers and Kiva staff around the world. We are seeking someone who is passionate about the Kiva mission and managing our Kiva Protocol. Launched in September of last year, Kiva Protocol gives unbanked people digital identity and secure control over their own credit information.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Solid product design, technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated passion for cryptocurrency, financial markets, and the Kiva mission
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with Kiva Protocol to help emerging markets gain digital identity.
- Work with the engineering, design and marketing teams to deliver new features, product enhancements and delightful user experiences.
- Lead the research / business requirements gathering phase.
- Work with our designers to create wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
- Conduct user research and usability testing.
- Own projects through the full project lifecycle.
- Be responsible for ensuring the smooth rollout of new features and the continued quality and performance of existing products.
- Define, measure and analyze metrics. You will own the numbers and make sure that we are looking at the most important data.
- Serve as the voice of the user and ensure that we are correctly balancing the needs of our lenders, borrowers and the Kiva organization.
- 5+ years in a product management related field.
- Experience with blockchain-based technologies and platforms.
- Experience developing product vision and go-to-market strategy.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to create product roadmaps from initial idea to launch.
- Experience developing products in cryptocurrency, financial services, or consumer Internet.
- Empathy for users and a great instinct for what makes good design / UX.
- Strong execution orientation; proven ability to deliver quality projects that satisfy and delight customers.
- Experience in an agile software development environment, with rapid feedback loops and quick release cycles.
- You work well in a collaborative environment and are admired by your colleagues for your ability to balance the needs of multiple customers.
- Self-starter and leader. Someone who is able to work through uncertainty to identify promising product opportunities and drive them to launch.
- A great communicator (verbal and written). You are able to make a case to the leadership team for your decisions.
- Passionate about Kiva and its long term potential.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!