The Senior Risk Manager will perform key risk management and quantitative analysis functions for Kiva’s Impact Investments team, reporting to the Director of Risk & Credit Operations and working closely with a global team of Investment Directors and Managers. This role will support a diverse portfolio of impact investment products, including Kiva’s crowdfunding product, social enterprise loan product, US small business loan product, and its newly-launched institutional lending product.
This is an ideal role for someone who enjoys building effective frameworks and tools for identifying and managing risk; diving deep into data and producing insightful analyses and actionable recommendations; and thinking creatively about the dynamic between risk and impact. The role offers tremendous exposure to all aspects of impact investing, from innovative small businesses to scaling asset management to meet the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Own processes and systems for consolidating, analyzing, and monitoring financial data from Kiva’s investees.
- Own processes and systems for monitoring and internal communication of macro-level risks, including country risk and foreign exchange risk.
- Develop standard reports and dashboards to support the organization’s monitoring of credit risk across multiple investment products.
- Review investment team annual monitoring results and portfolio trends to identify potential risks and make recommendations.
- Prepare investment fund models, portfolio models, cash flow projections, and other financial analyses in support of new investments and investment funds or products.
- Prepare written reports on defaulted investments and investment loss trends to inform key stakeholders and guide future underwriting rules and procedures.
- Support quarterly investment valuation research and processes.
- Engage with annual financial audit processes at firm and fund level.
- 4-7 years of relevant work experience (financial data analysis, financial modeling, portfolio management, risk management). Experience in impact investing, foreign exchange risk, social enterprise development, and/or microfinance a plus.
- Robust financial data analysis and financial modeling skills.
- Expertise in Excel. Experience with business analytics platforms, such as Looker or Tableau, a plus.
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to produce clear and succinct recommendations supported by rigorous analysis.
- Ability to build relationships, influence others, and successfully lead projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Autonomous, entrepreneurial, and self-motivated.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.