Kiva (www.kiva.org) is an innovative non-profit focused on connecting people through lending to alleviate poverty and create opportunity. We run a global marketplace platform for crowdfunded microloans that serves the financially excluded. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to address poverty at global scale. We aim to drive social impact and enable opportunity while providing a borrower-to-lender connection: “Loans that change lives.” In just 13 years, we have raised more than $1.1 billion in loan capital for 2.7 million borrowers in 83 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide.
About the Role
This position is an integral part of Kiva's Partnerships team. The Partnerships Director will be responsible for managing and expanding Managed Lending partnerships with corporations throughout the United States. The efforts of the Partnerships Director will be focused on building new corporate lending programs through employee engagement and consumer outreach. The position will report directly to the VP of Partnerships.
- Source and maintain relationships with 75-100 organizations with a goal of raising $2MM+ annually in loan volume. Serve as the first point of contact and main liaison for a portfolio of corporate partners.
- Generate new sales / partnership opportunities through research, strategic outreach, and active participation in microfinance, international development, marketing, enterprise sales, and funder networks and conferences.
- Manage all external and internal communications as it pertains to this Managed Lending portfolio, and ongoing reporting for the portfolio to ensure timeliness and high quality of Kiva reports. Respond quickly and tactically to incoming prospective partner inquiries. Manage multiple stakeholders’ requests and drive deliverables on an accelerated timeline.
- Develop pitch decks and concept strategy documents for new corporate partners including creative ideas to engage their employees and consumers through lending on Kiva.
- Build strong relationships both internally and externally. Collaborate with teams across Kiva in order to coordinate major Managed Lending employee and customer engagement campaigns, including Kiva’s Executive Leadership Team, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Legal, Finance and the Impact Investments Team.
- Coordinate, support and speak at events to spread the word about Kiva’s Managed Lending opportunity.
- Maintain Salesforce database with accurate funder records and information.
- Other duties as necessary.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum 8-10 years work experience in fast-paced, growth-oriented organization(s), ideally in an enterprise sales / tech sales role, with significant portion of past portfolio(s) including working with corporations. Must have a track record of closing 6- and 7-figure deals with corporations.
- Experience working with C-level executives, including CEOs, CMOs, Global Heads of CSR, at Fortune 500 corporations.
- Track record of building successful employee engagement and/or consumer engagement campaigns for corporations.
- Deep interest in international development and financial inclusion and capable of speaking articulately about international development and microfinance with funders, including a strong understanding of Kiva’s role and paths for growth.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and very high EQ.
- Capable of producing written documents and pitch decks with a very fast turnaround, in a way that reflect a clear understanding of partner goals and how those intersect with new initiatives at Kiva. Excellent verbal and written communication and excellent listening skills; adept at using PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must be independent and trustworthy to take on and manage relationships, while also being a team player and communicative with a broad set of stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- MBA or Master’s in International Relations/Global Studies/International Development/etc.
- Experience living or working internationally; particularly experience living or working in a developing country.
- History of dedicated volunteer activity and/or commitment to non-profit organizations and international development.
- Experience working with databases, specifically Salesforce.
To be successful as a member of the Kiva team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to positively impact a dynamic non-profit organization.
- Have a passion for technology and the unique ways technology can be leveraged to alleviate poverty and make a positive impact in the world.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude, and a willingness to tackle everything from the nuts and bolts of a partnership to high level strategy on new initiatives.
- Be an innovative and creative thinker; you're not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so.
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction.
- Work well independently and as part of a team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
What We Offer
- An amazing mission: Kiva’s mission is to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive.
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world.
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues.
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!