KittyCAD's mission is to develop the world's most advanced hardware design infrastructure and tools. Mechanical CAD is in the dark ages, and design demands have outpaced today’s hardware design infrastructure. The industry is due for a refresh, and the solution is obvious: programmable CAD and a GPU-optimized CAD engine. Our Design API and Geometry Engine are being built from the ground up for modern computers, and are validated through tools built by our team and our customers. We're laying the foundation to build modern hardware design tools, so that you can create revolutionary experiences as fast as you can dream them up. KittyCAD was founded and incubated by Embedded Ventures in 2021, and is fully remote.
We’re looking for curious, innovative, and ambitious self-starters to join our lean and growing team to help us bring our mission to life. Our culture has innovation at its core in order to achieve competitive growth and success in our industry. We think you’ll thrive on our team if you’re:
- Motivated to make an impact on the ground floor of something big!
- Curious at your core, with an eagerness to learn and do things differently
- Customer obsessed, always thinking about ways to improve the user experience
- Able to operate autonomously but also know the importance of effective team collaboration
- Agile and thrive in a scale-up, changing environment
About The Role
We’re looking for a Graphics Engine Software Engineer to join our growing team to help us build out the core functionality of our next-generation CAD Graphics Engine! In this role, you’ll work alongside a small team of Graphics Engineers to design, prototype and implement features of our engine in order to enable users with faster and more reliable geometry and modeling capability of their hardware designs. Our CAD Engine is GPU optimized and creates boundary representations versus meshes, so the ideal candidate will have some familiarity with CAD software, specially B-Rep/NURBS modeling. This is a great opportunity to apply your expertise in 3D graphics to help us disrupt the hardware design industry, working alongside a hands-on, collaborative startup team!
What You’ll Do
- Help design, develop, optimize, and debug the KittyCAD Graphics Engine
- Implement and continuously improve various low-level and complex architectural systems that interface with Graphics APIs, modeling, rendering, and proceduralization pipelines
- Analyze code for performance and optimization opportunities as it relates to load times, memory usage and platform-specific performance issues
- Become an expert on our product strategy and customer use cases in order to provide the best solutions to our growing customer base
- Document functionality and implementation details for production and other Engineers
What You’ll Need
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Proficiency with C++14/17
- Substantial experience with 3D graphics, rendering, and modeling algorithms
- Substantial experience with 3D Graphics APIs such as Vulkan or OpenGL
- Experience with GPU computing APIs such as CUDA
- Strong familiarity of the inner workings of CAD 3D editors such as Blender, Maya, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or equivalent
- Familiarity with Git
- Experience working with both low-level and visualization-focused aspects of a graphics pipeline
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation & equity packages
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401K match
- Flexible vacation policy
- Home office stipend & wifi reimbursement to set you up for success working remotely
- Pet insurance reimbursement for your furry friends
KittyCAD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.