Kion’s cloud enablement software platform provides a unified approach for financial management, continuous compliance, and the automation and orchestration of cloud resources. We’re a fast-growing, Series A-stage startup that has quickly become the industry’s most trusted solution for enabling customers’ journey to the cloud to be more efficient, secure, and transparent. Kion allows customers to create, manage, monitor, and maintain cloud assets from a single pane of glass across Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
Kion believes employees are its most precious resource, and we believe that happy employees make an excellent product. While we’re headquartered outside of Washington DC, we are committed to a 100% remote-first workforce. In addition, Kion offers excellent compensation and amazing benefits, including top-of-the-line, platinum-level benefits that extend to dependents, at zero cost to the employee!
If you're passionate about using your expert skills to bring transformational change to a customer’s journey to the cloud, you'd be a great addition to our team!
Kion is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to support our innovative, multi-cloud governance solution. You'll focus on helping us continually evolve our user interface in our core product by working with talented designers and full-stack engineers to improve our Angular framework to meet the needs of our cloud-based customers. In addition, you'll pick up backend tasks in Golang.
- Work with our designers to bring their creations to life.
- Architect great full-stack solutions to make our customers' lives easier in the cloud.
- Build and maintain front-end components and API services for the core product.
- Improve the codebase to enhance usability and extensibility.
- Tackle every problem with a creative problem-solving approach.
- Contribute to scoping and planning engineering tasks.
WHAT WE ARE EXPECTING FROM YOU (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU MUST HAVE):
- 5+ years of experience building scalable web-based applications using modern languages.
- Production experience with a back-end web language like Go, Java, Ruby, Python, Node, or C#.
- Production experience designing and querying data stores in an RDBMS like MySQL or Postgres.
- Production experience designing, building, and integrating with APIs.
- Experience developing solutions that run on one of the major cloud providers like AWS, Google, or Azure.
- Ability to own the technical aspects of an entire feature in a web-based application.
- Ability to review and analyze requirements to develop production-ready code.
- Ability to clearly document architecture and code.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks, including Scrum.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
OUR WISH LIST (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE):
- Experience with Angular 2+.
- Experience working with D3.
- Experience with Golang.
- Experience working in virtualized and cloud environments across technologies such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or other technical areas of study.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE IN RETURN:
- Kion is a remote-first company. We offer a 100% remote work schedule (US only) as well as an in-office or hybrid schedule if you are local to the DC-Maryland-Virginia area.
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits, including top-of-the-line Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO healthcare coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee AND dependent’s premium for medical, dental, and vision!
- 3% of direct compensation contribution to your 401(k) (no match required).
- Generous time off that includes holidays, sick, and flexible PTO options to allow staff to spend time with friends and family.
- Regular virtual engagements to better connect with co-workers and talk about life outside of work.
- A small-team collaborative environment that fosters communication and innovation.
At Kion, we are focused on making people's lives in the cloud easier through innovative products built by passionate employees. We are looking to add talented, motivated people to our team to help achieve this mission through the engineering, support, and delivery of our revolutionary Kion cloud enablement solution.
If you want to help organizations spend less time managing and governing their cloud, and more time being enabled by their cloud, you’ve come to the right place. Apply below and we’ll be in touch shortly!