Kintent (https://www.kintent.com) is on a mission to make it effortless to earn trust in every business relationship. We believe that if your customers trust you, they will do more with you. Core to that mission is our belief that compliance doesn’t have to be a grind, and we’re genuinely excited to bring a sense of joy into a traditionally drab space.
Our first trust use case is focused on data security and privacy compliance. Kintent’s Trust Management Platform democratizes every company’s ability to quickly and cost-effectively adopt formal security and privacy programs, measure the accuracy of the program against compliance standards, and confidently share their program with customers by using AI to answer security questionnaires.
With Kintent, compliance becomes a habit, is simple to understand and implement, and is continuously testable so that your customers can see that you are adhering to all your compliance obligations.
About the Role
We are hiring a Senior Accountant to help build our world class finance and accounting function at Kintent. Initially, this is very much a rollup your sleeves, hands on role that is a blend of finance and accounting activities.
The Senior Accountant will play a key operational role in helping us optimize our business processes, support our business partners, and ultimately scale our ability to serve our customers. You will be trusted to create a transparent source of truth for financial data and commitments, proactively reporting financial results, which will play a key part in making strategic business decisions.
Location: This role will be primarily remote (work from home) preferably based in the Boston, MA area.
- You will report directly to our Director of Finance, and will be responsible for delivering clean and accurate financial data and supporting high quality decision making.
- Hands on operations for accounting functions (cash, AR, AP), recording journal entries, running (and eventually owning) the monthly close process.
- Vendor management
- Tax Compliance, as required
- Ad hoc reporting requests
- Experience playing a key role in the month end close process.
- Experience with Accounting ERP (we use quickbooks online).
- Take pride is delivering timely, accurate data.
- Experience working with external auditors.
- Highly analytical and inquisitive with a keen attention to detail
- CPA eligibility preferred.
- Experience in a high-growth, venture-backed technology startup is a huge plus.
Do You Align With Our Values?
Kintent’s values are resilient THREADs that are stitched into the very fabric of our culture.
- TRUST: We strive to continuously earn the trust of our team, customers, investors and all other stakeholders - proving we are dependable.
- HEALTH: We are diligent caretakers of the health of the business, but never prioritize it over the mental and physical health of our team.
- RESPECT: We are passionate about being respectful and courteous. There’s no excuse for being a jerk.
- EVIDENCE BASED DECISIONS: Our strategy and operations are driven by evidence, which we collect from our customers, product, team, and partners.
- ACTION ORIENTED: Each person is empowered to own things and make decisions, rather than wait for consensus.
- DIVERSITY: We work hard to nurture a team that is diverse in identity, belief, background, thought, and experience. Our diversity makes us stronger.
We celebrate diversity at Kintent. To Joyfully Craft a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status. Studies have shown that women, people of color, and individuals from less privileged socio-economic backgrounds are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Kintent, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about an open role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles at Kintent.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!
Kintent is committed to developing a barrier-fee recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please email us at email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.