Kintent (https://www.kintent.com) is on a mission to make it effortless to earn trust in every business relationship. We believe that if your customers trust you, they will do more with you. Core to that mission is our belief that compliance doesn’t have to be a grind, and we’re genuinely excited to bring a sense of joy into a traditionally drab space.
Our first trust use case is focused on data security and privacy compliance. Kintent’s Trust Management Platform democratizes every company’s ability to quickly and cost-effectively adopt formal security and privacy programs, measure the accuracy of the program against compliance standards, and confidently share their program with customers by using AI to answer security questionnaires.
With Kintent, compliance becomes a habit, is simple to understand and implement, and is continuously testable so that your customers can see that you are adhering to all your compliance obligations.
About the Role
We are looking for a skilled full-stack developer to join our engineering team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to shape ideas and user feedback into delightful experiences. You will work closely with your fellow developers and our User Experience team to iterate on designs and shepherd them to release, and will be responsible for developing features end-to-end, from web interfaces to backend APIs to the database layer. You will also have opportunities to communicate directly with customers to truly understand their perspectives, and will be directly responsible for collaboratively building features based on what you learn.
Kintent is a highly collaborative, tight-knit team that prioritizes accessibility, inclusion, and independent thought. We’ll work to support you as you settle into your new role (and beyond), and expect that you do the same for your colleagues. All members of the engineering team are expected and encouraged to help manage their own workloads by assisting with sprint planning, voicing concerns, advocating for functionality they feel should be implemented, and proactively raising any issues they may encounter. We’re all here to help one another build great things.
To ensure success as a full-stack engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of web development concepts, a solid understanding of API and relational database design, excellent coding skills, familiarity with single-page web applications, and an eagerness to learn on the job.
Position: Full Time
Location: This role will be primarily remote (work from home)
The Team Will Rely On You To:
- Collaborate with the User Experience and Product teams to create end-to-end designs for new features
- Develop and implement highly-responsive user interface components
- Create data models using RDBMS principles and implement them in PostgreSQL
- Troubleshoot interfaces and debug applications
- Monitor and improve end-to-end performance
- Communicate with and support our customers, and help find and build solutions to their problems
- A well-developed understanding of frontend concepts and various frameworks
- Strong backend experience in designing APIs and domain models
- Experience designing RDBMSs to support real-world application usage
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, and experience with browser-based debugging and performance-testing software
- A focus on delivering value to customers
- Great listening skills and a willingness to understand what your customers and team members need to be successful
- A collaborative approach, a “can do” attitude, and a relentlessness in pursuing goals and solving problems
- A willingness to learn from others and admit when you’ve made a mistake
Do You Align With Our Values?
Kintent’s values are resilient THREADs that are stitched into the very fabric of our culture.
- TRUST: We strive to continuously earn the trust of our team, customers, investors, and all other stakeholders — proving we are dependable.
- HEALTH: We are diligent caretakers of the health of the business, but never prioritize it over the mental and physical health of our team.
- RESPECT: We are passionate about being respectful and courteous. There’s no excuse for being a jerk.
- EVIDENCE-BASED DECISIONS: Our strategy and operations are driven by evidence, which we collect from our customers, product, team, and partners.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We are fanatical about transparency, and hold ourselves accountable for everything we do.
- DIVERSITY: We work hard to nurture a team that is diverse in identity, belief, background, thought, and experience. Our diversity makes us stronger.
We celebrate diversity at Kintent. To Joyfully Craft a product that is loved by everyone, we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from a diversity of background, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status. We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!
Kintent is committed to developing a barrier-fee recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please email us at email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.