WHO WE ARE
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. We’re a data-driven collective, building the future of pet care with interconnected solutions that reimagine every experience across the pet parent journey. We combine insights, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be, and ultimately create a better world for pets. That includes our world-leading WISDOM PANEL™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the award-winning WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker and health monitor, Pet Insight Project, our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights, and our partnerships like the LEAP VENTURE STUDIO accelerator that supports innovators and start-ups, allowing Kinship to bring new solutions to pet parents.
Kinship’s Growth team is composed of super-savvy marketing professionals from a variety of backgrounds. From PR and social pros, entrepreneurs, published authors, marketing gurus, award winners, skincare enthusiasts, wellness wunderkind, and so much more! Our diverse set of experiences allow us to collaborate with open minds, puppy-like curiosity, and infectious excitement for being a pivotal team in truly shaping a better world for pets and pet parents. And, we are fun, like really FUN! By joining our team you’re guaranteed to LOL IRL, easily make work BFFs, plenty of cute pet videos, and some hilarious virtual happy hours.
HOW YOU’LL HELP EVERYONE PET PARENT LIKE A PRO
- You will be working with the editorial, creative, and product teams to help develop, lead and execute the launch of our newsletter, standalone, lifecycle, and retention email strategies focused on driving traffic, subscriber growth, and retention
- Own full cycle of email programs, from strategy, calendar, execution, testing, and report-backs.
- Set and manage best practices around list maintenance, welcome and win-back series, triggers, and testing framework
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- Proofread all emails for clarity, grammar and spelling
- Work closely with team and editorial to help grow and optimize newsletters and features that resonate with pet parents
- Collaborate with Social and SEO/Growth to identify email acquisition opportunities
- Own organic list growth initiatives, developing KPIs, test and learn strategies, and lead gen campaigns
- Work with creative teams to develop and implement new template designs, owning 75%+ of copywriting
- Develop tactics, plans, partnerships, tools that help achieve the business goals
- Create dashboards and reporting for the team and senior leadership
THE PRO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As Kinship people, we have three pillars that set out how we aim to be--in our everyday work, and in how we approach each other. We call these our Cultural Pillars. In all of the roles that we hire for, we look for people who are Optimistic, Purposefully Inquisitive, and Open to All. And for this role, you’ll need these skills to knock it out of the dog park:
- You have 4-7 years of email marketing experience, preferably within editorial, at a publishing house, or in content-based email programs
- You know a thing or 200 about email: best practices, ESPs (in particular Iterable), automations, triggers, HTML coding, email compliance, analytics...we name it, you know it!
- You can put pen to paper, digitally: excellent written communication/copywriting skills
- Your use of data is legendary: Delivery, open rates, click rates, conversion, opt-outs, audience behaviors, segmentation analysis...you know what data to look at, how to use it, and how to present it
- Your content consumption is borderline obsessive: A huge love for innovative and witty news, editorial, and content sites and subscriber of probably way too many newsletters
- You’re just awesome: Knows how to have some fun, loves pets, and loves to interact with cool coworkers.
JOIN OUR PROS!
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Work from the hottest cities across the world
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship