WHO WE ARE
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. We’re a data-driven collective, building the future of pet care with interconnected solutions that reimagine every experience across the pet parent journey. We combine insights, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be, and ultimately create a better world for pets. That includes our world-leading WISDOM PANEL™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the award-winning WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker and health monitor, Pet Insight Project, our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights, and our partnerships like the LEAP VENTURE STUDIO accelerator that supports innovators and start-ups, allowing Kinship to bring new solutions to pet parents.
HOW YOU’LL HELP EVERYONE PET PARENT LIKE A PRO
The role will be part of Kinship’s Growth team; a group of savvy and millennial-focused marketers relentlessly focused on helping as many pet parents as possible do it like total pros. The group is hyper focused on achieving our growth goals while maintaining cost efficiency and relentless focus on our target millennial consumer.
We’re looking to add a data-driven and multidisciplinary performance marketer to our kin to accelerate customer acquisition across our portfolio of innovative products and services.
We are passionate about analytics and know how to turn insights into action. We’re looking for a candidate who is both analytical and imaginative and can distill business objectives, market trends, and performance indicators into decisions that drive business growth – and champion those recommendations to leadership.
THE PRO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As Kinship people, we have three pillars that set out how we aim to be--in our everyday work, and in how we approach each other. We call these our Cultural Pillars. In all of the roles that we hire for, we look for people who are Optimistic, Purposefully Inquisitive, and Open to All. And for this role, you’ll need these skills to knock it out of the dog park:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in SEO
- Demonstrated success in leading large-scale SEO programs as both a leader and individual contributor.
- Experience working on technical SEO for eCommerce (Shopify) sites
- Expertise manipulating data with Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Deep knowledge of tools such as SEMRush primarily, Screaming Frog/DeepCrawl
- Experience successfully managing website migrations from strategy to execution a huge plus!
- Must understand how to expose features and inventory for SEO success; experience with two-sided marketplaces / aggregators nice-to-have
- Proactive attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented and deadline-driven environment.
- Team player and comfortable working cross-functionally across varying levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Capturing and distilling actionable insights necessary to further define the SEO strategy for Kinship’s brands.
- Collaborating with internal “clients” on content strategy and keyword research to empower their businesses and drive more traffic.
- Identifying and implementing new SEO initiatives to generate incremental qualified traffic and conversions.
- Collaborating across various teams (e.g., Internal “clients”, Growth, Product, Engineering).
- Leveraging analytics to implement strategic optimizations.
- Overseeing concurrent work streams and prioritizing based on estimated impact.
- Managing an SEO Analyst
- Developing clear, compelling presentations that communicate marketing opportunities, past performance, and more to senior management.
- Improving governance over SEO performance tracking and transparency between brands.
- Building SEO performance reports and monitoring KPIs.
- Identifying initiatives to strengthen the SEO strategy of Kinship’s brands and building on current successful efforts.
- Performing detailed keywords research and making recommendations to help optimize SEO primarily, and SEM where relevant.
- Conducting comprehensive technical SEO audits for Kinship’s brands, optimizing sites and fixing issues accordingly with Product/Engineering teams.
- Building the foundation and site templates for a two-sided marketplace for long-term SEO growth.
- Managing and executing site migrations to ensure that most of the organic traffic is retained.
- Leading backlink internal project in close collaboration with several brands.
- Directing off-page optimization projects (e.g. link-building).
- Staying up to date with SEO trends and methodologies.
JOIN OUR PROS!
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Work from the hottest cities across the world
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship