WHO WE ARE
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. We’re a data-driven collective, building the future of pet care with interconnected solutions that reimagine every experience across the pet parent journey. We combine insights, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be, and ultimately create a better world for pets. That includes our world-leading WISDOM PANEL™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the award-winning WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker and health monitor, Pet Insight Project, our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights, and our partnerships like the LEAP VENTURE STUDIO accelerator that supports innovators and start-ups, allowing Kinship to bring new solutions to pet parents.
At Kinship, we aspire to help everyone pet parent like a pro through future innovation, data science and analytics, and emerging technology for pets. We pride ourselves in our always-on, deep pet parent mindset. The Research & Insights team supports the entirety of the company, ensuring that the voice of pet parents are at the forefront of all of our decisions. Kinship is looking for a passionate and talented Senior Analyst, Insights & Research to help drive our pet and pet parent centric culture. Reporting to the Director of Insights and part of the Kinship Product team, the Senior Analyst, Insights & Research will design and execute user, consumer, and market research.
HOW YOU’LL HELP EVERYONE PET PARENT LIKE A PRO
- Conduct deep dive consumer, user, and market research to inspire stakeholders across the business and ensure that the customer’s voice is core to product decisions
- Own research projects from end-to-end for both qualitative and quantitative research, including planning, execution, fielding, and analysis
- Think creatively to develop an effective research plan to answer critical business questions and drive strategy
- Foster strong relationships and collaboration as a strategic partner to Product, Growth, and executive leadership
- Turn data into actionable recommendations to guide, inform, and inspire tactical actions and long-term strategy
THE PRO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As Kinship people, we have three pillars that set out how we aim to be--in our everyday work, and in how we approach each other. We call these our Cultural Pillars. In all of the roles that we hire for, we look for people who are Optimistic, Purposefully Inquisitive, and Open to All.
And for this role, you’ll need these skills to knock it out of the dog park:
- Minimum of 4 years of related, full-time experience in market research, analytics & insights, strategy, or related field
- Extensive experience with Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS (or similar data analysis tool), and online survey tool (e.g., Qualtrics, Survey Monkey)
- Strong technical capability in market research and/or UX research (or interest to learn)
- Experience with a wide range of research methodologies is a must. Demonstrated experience in devising surveys that follow best practices in survey design, scales/response options, and sampling plans
- Strong commitment to data accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced skills in communication, moderating qualitative research, presentations, and storytelling with data (e.g., develop PowerPoint presentations, data visualizations, whitepapers, present to a wide array of audiences)
- Must be an independent, strategic, and creative thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large)
- Ongoing commitment and dedication to continuous improvement, learning, and growth
- Must be able to prioritize critical activities and act with appropriate urgency
JOIN OUR PROS!
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Work from the hottest cities across the world
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship