WHO WE ARE
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. We’re a data-driven collective, building the future of pet care with interconnected solutions that reimagine every experience across the pet parent journey. We combine insights, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be, and ultimately create a better world for pets. That includes our world-leading WISDOM PANEL™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the award-winning WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker and health monitor, Pet Insight Project, our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights, and our partnerships like the LEAP VENTURE STUDIO accelerator that supports innovators and start-ups, allowing Kinship to bring new solutions to pet parents.
OneKinship Engineering team is a critical part of our technology organization and partners closely with our consumer and b2b engineering teams to architect, build and manage a broad range of platform capabilities that acts like a “glue” between different engineering functions
HOW YOU’LL HELP EVERYONE PET PARENT LIKE A PRO
As the API Engineer you will be part of the integration team of OneKinship engineering, you will collaborate with the rest of the integrations engineering team to define, build API management platform for Kinship that includes API gateway capabilities, developer portal to centralize all our APIs under one central portal, device strategies and mechanisms to govern and manage our API assets as well as advocate for standardized, clean API contracts within developer community across Kinship. You have hands-on experience with API management platform, software bus technologies to support eventing/stream processing such as Kafka, SaaS based iPaaS solutions that helps integrate various enterprise as well as light-weight dumb pipes to connect smart, microservices endpoints. This role will partner very closely with our CDP (Customer Data Platform) team and help build various data pipes from source data to our CDP. You are a hands-on engineering leader who understands scale and strives to make your products continuously efficient through on-going optimization.You bring an integrations mindset and look for opportunities to create reusable frameworks. You are passionate about everything APIs and your influence creates well-versioned, documented, clean APIs across the organization.
THE PRO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As Kinship people, we have three pillars that set out how we aim to be--in our everyday work, and in how we approach each other. We call these our Cultural Pillars. In all of the roles that we hire for, we look for people who are Optimistic, Purposefully Inquisitive, and Open to All. And for this role, you’ll need these skills to knock it out of the dog park:
- You Have Courage: a willingness to bring forth a new idea, engaging others across Kinship to support you, and taking risks and action will full accountability
- You Learn at Pace: a consistent and fast work ethic to meet growth goals, and the ability to evolve and pivot quickly from what you’ve learned
- You Value Difference: a genuine belief in inclusion and diversity is in your DNA, and it shows up in your work, and how you work.
- You are pragmatic thinker and outcome driven collaborator
- You are a coach and sees importance to mentor junior engineers
- You are able to go technically deep as well as cover a wide range of shared engineering capabilities
- 5+ years of experience in software development with at least 2+ years of experience centered around API management.
- Nice to have experience with Enterprise IPaaS platforms such as Snaplogic, Dell Boomi, Mulesoft, etc.
- Nice to have experience architecting and building integrations with REST, SOAP, API, JMS, DB, File and other protocols
- Hands on experience building an API management platform, API gateway using AWS, Google APIGEE, Kong etc.
- Hands on experience integrating with various SaaS based cloud solutions using APIs
- Experience with building developer facing API portal
- Good understanding of Customer Data Platform
- Good understanding of modern cloud friendly devops tools, terraform, Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with relational as well as noSQL database technologies at scale
- Comfortable with open source technologies
- Hands-on experience on working with micro-services and abstracting their capabilities through APIs
- Hands on experience with AWS, GCP, Azure or comparable public cloud
JOIN OUR PROS!
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Work from the hottest cities across the world
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship