WHO WE ARE
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. We’re a data-driven collective, building the future of pet care with interconnected solutions that reimagine every experience across the pet parent journey. We combine insights, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be, and ultimately create a better world for pets. That includes our world-leading WISDOM PANEL™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the award-winning WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker and health monitor, Pet Insight Project, our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights, and our partnerships like the LEAP VENTURE STUDIO accelerator that supports innovators and start-ups, allowing Kinship to bring new solutions to pet parents.
A BIT ABOUT US
Today Kinship is a coalition of companies near 30 strong – a mix of investments, incubated businesses, and fully operational organizations. These companies make up a global platform that will allow us to truly understand the behaviors of millennial pet parents and how their decisions on pet care impact their individual pets.
In our next phase of growth, Kinship is building out a platform-services team to accelerate the growth of its portfolio of businesses and is seeking exceptional talent to fill key roles including that of Head of Strategy & Business Development - Europe. This position role will assess, plan, build, and execute on a strategy to drive new customer acquisition and revenue growth for Kinship’s portfolio of businesses in Europe.
An emphasized focus will be on developing impactful distribution opportunities for new customer acquisition and acceleration of Kinship Data & Knowledge Services businesses (Whistle and Wisdom), as well as Kinship platform businesses in Pet Acquisition, Content, and Digital Services. Reporting into the Head of Partnerships and International, you will help chart the continued growth for Kinship and its portfolio of companies in partnership with your Kinship peers in the US, Russia and China.
You’ll be great in this role if you have an entrepreneurial mind-set, find passion in building things from the ground up, can develop structure in an un-structured environment, are self-motivated, are an outside of the box thinker and someone with a start-up mentality. You aren’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and get the job done and are able to manage multiple projects across multiple businesses and stakeholders at the same time.
HOW YOU WILL HELP EVERYONE PET PARENT LIKE A PRO
- Identify high potential partnership opportunities and the strategy to pursue them; with a focus on deals that will enhance the offering of our portfolio of businesses, extend their reach, deliver more value to pet parents, and open new opportunities to drive revenue
- Evaluate and assess the strategic and economic impact of potential opportunities with prospective partners, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Map the market of prospective partners and manage pipeline of partnership opportunities
- Own all elements of the partnership life cycle: scoping of opportunities, framing of value, negotiation of term sheets and contracts, implementation and optimization
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure partner implementations are on track and delivering against plan
- Communicate and report to Kinship Leadership Team and key stakeholders the forecast of future deals, business impact, communicate strategy and resolve prospect questions and issues during the deal process
- Educate partners on the value proposition of Kinship and its portfolio of brands through presentations and demos
- Inform product roadmap(s) based on partnership opportunities
- Link business development and partner strategies to achieve specific near term operational results, always with an eye for operational scalability and long term impact of initiatives
- Nurture partners from networking, executing the opportunity and on-going for continued partner success and support
THE PRO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
At Kinship, we only believe in hiring people who are Optimistic, Purposefully Inquisitive and Open to All in everything they do. These core values, and a deep belief in our purpose to create a better world for pets, will allow us to shape the future of pet care, together.
And for this role, if you have the skills & experiences we require, we know you’ll knock it out of the dog park:
- 7-10 years business development & partnerships experience in a high growth environment
- 3 years of internal stakeholder management experience with demonstrated excellence for driving new strategic initiatives
- Knowledge of start-up community
- Ability to work both cross- company and cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders including Sales, Product, Marketing, Finance, and Legal
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams
- Expertise developing business cases, financial analysis and modeling, and familiarity of partnerships legal agreements
- Creativity, resourcefulness and persistence to drive deals forward in an unstructured, fast-paced, multi-company environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize business development and partnership activities and follow through in a timely fashion
- Great commercial and strategic instincts - the ability to exercise good judgment in assessing opportunities, deal framing and negotiation of terms
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and a good sense of humor.
- Knowledge of the petcare, connected health / fitness technology, or genetic-testing industries a plus
- Ability to influence without authority and build strong cross-functional working groups
- A passion for pets.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- Finance and/or Management Consulting experience is a plus
- Plus, online retail understanding and experience preferred
JOIN OUR PROS!
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Work from the hottest cities across the world
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship