WHO WE ARE
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. We’re a data-driven collective, building the future of pet care with interconnected solutions that reimagine every experience across the pet parent journey. We combine insights, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be, and ultimately create a better world for pets. That includes our world-leading WISDOM PANEL™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the award-winning WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker and health monitor, Pet Insight Project, our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights, and our partnerships like the LEAP VENTURE STUDIO accelerator that supports innovators and start-ups, allowing Kinship to bring new solutions to pet parents.
Wisdom Health is the world’s largest canine DNA platform. Engineering @ Wisdom is at the heart of delivering pet parents health and ancestry information. You’ll work will directly influence millions of users as they learn more about their pets by building new APIs, interfaces and experiences.
HOW YOU’LL HELP EVERYONE PET PARENT LIKE A PRO
- Push the limits of genetic technology to improve the life of our pets
- Leverage modern technology to drive innovation in Petcare
- Utilize advanced data processing and analytics
THE PRO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As Kinship people, we have three pillars that set out how we aim to be--in our everyday work, and in how we approach each other. We call these our Cultural Pillars. In all of the roles that we hire for, we look for people who are Optimistic, Purposefully Inquisitive, and Open to All.
And for this role, you’ll need these skills to knock it out of the dog park:
- Passionate about building products
- Hands on engineering management, comfortable laying foundational code
- 5+ years mentoring and managing other software engineers
- Experience building RESTful APIs in Ruby / RoR (JSON::API is a plus)
- Relational Database structure (Postgres, MySQL, etc)
- Expertise using industry standard methodologies (Github, Gitflow, CI, CD, etc)
- Comfortable deploying software to major cloud platforms (AWS, Heroku, GCP, etc)
- You Have Courage: a willingness to bring forth a new idea, engaging others across Kinship to support you, and taking risks and action will full accountability
- You Learn at Pace: a consistent and fast work ethic to meet growth goals, and the ability to evolve and pivot quickly from what you’ve learned
- You Value Difference: a genuine belief in inclusion and diversity is in your DNA, and it shows up in your work, and how you work.
JOIN OUR PROS!
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Work from the hottest cities across the world
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship