WHO WE ARE
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. We’re a data-driven collective, building the future of pet care with interconnected solutions that reimagine every experience across the pet parent journey. We combine insights, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be, and ultimately create a better world for pets. That includes our world-leading WISDOM PANEL™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the award-winning WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker and health monitor, Pet Insight Project, our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights, and our partnerships like the LEAP VENTURE STUDIO accelerator that supports innovators and start-ups, allowing Kinship to bring new solutions to pet parents.
A BIT ABOUT OUR TALENT TEAM
The Talent and Organization team is a small but a strong force behind Kinship’s innovation. With Kinship’s ambition to build a connected platform of digital-first businesses for the new generation of pet parents to help them pet parent like a pro! The talent team ensures we have the best talent and organization (systems, structures, culture etc) to meet our goals. Kinship’s ambition is underpinned by the unique capabilities we need to find and enable success.
The talent team is responsible for end-to-end people/HR practices in Kinship, but our core focus is on Talent, Organizational Effectiveness and Culture. We organize ourselves, currently, in 3 simple pods - business partnership, talent acquisition and development, operations & systems.
We want to develop our team with a role formed around four pillars
- operational Talent Acquisition & Management partnership for the Kinship teams,
- transformational talent program management (with highest priority being assessment & internal mobility)
- bringing us expertise in talent development systems and best practices
- internal and external engagement—lets get our employer brand to the top of the charts
The Talent team is spread geographically in San Francisco, Portland, and New York (with the Head of Talent currently in London).
HOW YOU’LL HELP EVERYONE PET PARENT LIKE A PRO
As the Talent Acquisition & Development Manager, your role will be a critical one as we move into a high growth period at Kinship. Not only will you work across our business to attract and engage diverse talent for all of our teams, but you will partner with our broader Talent team to create talent assessment, mobility, and development plans for our associates. This unique role combines both recruitment and talent management; a rare opportunity for the talent acquisition professional seeking more than just day-to-day sourcing and interviewing.
The Talent Acquisition & Development Manager will work closely with our Talent Acquisition & Engagement Director to execute our workforce planning and sourcing strategy, align the business on a unified interview and hiring process, create exceptional candidate and hiring manager experiences to enhance our internal culture and external brand, and begin to develop our succession planning model and internal mobility strategy as we continue our work to truly become One Kinship.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Sourcing top tech talent across Kinship in San Francisco, Portland, NYC, and potential global locations in Europe, Shanghai, and Moscow
- Executing on the recruitment strategy and workforce plan for non-executive hires
- Supporting our goal of gender and racial equality across Kinship by providing a diverse pool of qualified candidates to interview
- Building & maintaining relationships with hiring managers by understanding business objectives and providing creative talent acquisition and hiring solutions
- Partnering with our entire Talent team to understand changing business priorities and people needs as our business grows, and offering solutions from a talent management & development perspective
- Pushing boundaries and bringing fresh and provocative ideas to Kinship that build our brand, enhance our culture and contribute to revenue growth
- Embedding our new reward strategy into the business, and being a champion of our processes to hire candidates into the right job levels and salary bands.
- Alongside the Dir, TA & E, further embed our talent philosophy, cultural pillars, and leadership competencies, as we aim for all of our associates to Hire Like Pros at Kinship
- Championing our recruitment systems, Greenhouse, Linkedin, Monday.vc, and other platforms, and help to train managers on the systems for optimal use.
- Supporting our employer brand and reputation strategy through all Kinship social channels and on our website
- Leading workstreams on our main talent projects for 2021 – internal mobility, talent reviews and assessments, succession planning, and workforce planning for 2022 and beyond
- Being passionate and optimistic about our goals, our mission, and the future of Kinship, every single day
THE PRO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As Kinship people, we have three pillars that set out how we aim to be--in our everyday work, and in how we approach each other. We call these our Cultural Pillars. In all of the roles that we hire for, we look for people who are Optimistic, Purposefully Inquisitive, and Open to All. And for this role, you’ll need these skills to knock it out of the dog park:
- You have 5+ years of experience recruiting for a <$5B tech company. Start-up experience highly preferred.
- You have experience with succession planning, talent management programs, creating a workforce plan, and working with managers to do career mapping for employees.
- You have worked with everyone from the CEO to the intern during the hiring process, and know how to flex your influencing skills and communication style to work with all
- Your follow-up skills and influence is so strong, that even the super passive rockstar candidate will have that one cup of coffee with you
- You are an exceptional interviewer, listener, relationship builder
- You are a people person through and through… love talking to candidates who are right for the business today, the future, and who are just overall passionate about pet care!
- You understand the desires of what people what in their career in order to make a mutually beneficial match for the business and the candidate, and to help them through their career journeys within a company.
- You are a true headhunter. You always find the purple squirrel and that magical unicorn… and don’t give up until you find the person 100% right for the role
- You are a change-maker, culture creator, and bring positive energy to work everyday
- You are adept at recruiting for all levels of the business within a fast-paced, multi-layered creative environment
- You’re a disciplined self-starter with a “can-do” attitude, and don’t need much direction after a few training sessions
- You are proactive, resourceful, collaborative, detail-oriented and enjoy working across time-zones, and cultures
- You can navigate Linkedin Recruiter, Greenhouse, and other systems in your sleep
- You crave information to talk intelligently about the business you support. Asking 100 questions, always learning, and recommending solutions to make things run faster and work better
JOIN OUR PROS!
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Work from the hottest cities across the world
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship