WHO WE ARE
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. We’re a data-driven collective, building the future of pet care with interconnected solutions that reimagine every experience across the pet parent journey. We combine insights, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be, and ultimately create a better world for pets. That includes our world-leading WISDOM PANEL™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the award-winning WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker and health monitor, Pet Insight Project, our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights, and our partnerships like the LEAP VENTURE STUDIO accelerator that supports innovators and start-ups, allowing Kinship to bring new solutions to pet parents.
HOW YOU’LL CREATE A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS
The mission of Product Managers at Whistle is to create the most empowering app and experience for Whistle pet parents and our B2B partners. We believe we can improve pet care by creating a 24/7 connection between pet parents and their beloved pets by empowering pet parents and our B2B partners with data relating to health, location and activities of their pets.
The Product Manager at Whistle is responsible for setting this vision, driving engagement and retention of our B2B partners’ clients (think veterinary clients) using our devices. You’ll also be responsible for defining and driving modern data analytics, data visualization, real time dashboards for our B2B partners.
The Ideal Candidate Is:
- B2B and B2C Focused: Whistle serves both consumers and businesses like veterinary and insurance companies. As a Product Manager, you’ll play a critical role in building innovative solutions that solve pain points for both consumers and our business partners.
- Data & Metrics-Driven: Data and metrics are the foundation of building trust and making impactful decisions. As our Product Manager, you’ll keep a close eye on our key B2B and B2C KPIs (e.g. engagement, retention, cancelation, monetization, LTV, CAC) and ensure that product decisions and iterations are backed by metrics.
- Innovative: As a Product Manager, you are eager and capable to maximize the value that can be derived from data captured by our devices, and flowing through our platform from basic to innovative ways that will benefit our B2B customers.
- Action-Oriented: As our Product Manager, you will take ownership of B2B product life cycles and help turn ideas into shipped features and products that drive usage. You will think critically while encouraging and communicating deadlines and progress to cross-functional teams.
- Respectful: While doing all of the above, the right Product Manager for us will foster an environment of collaboration and inclusiveness - where positivity, humility, and transparency are the norm.
- Combine creativity with business goals to identify ideas and prioritize features and concepts that maximize user acquisition, retention and monetization while maintaining a clean, delightful user experience for our B2B partners
- Own, develop and build a B2B dashboard to meet the needs of our B2B partners ● Conduct user research, data analyses and/or A/B testing to validate product ideas and improvements
- Work closely with Sr Product Manager (Consumer, Mobile) to ensure the B2C experience can be easily augmented for our B2B partners
- Develop and own the vision, strategy and roadmap for the future of B2B growth at Whistle. This includes exploring huge topics like:
○ How can we attract more pet-related businesses to use our B2B software?
○ How can we create flywheels for Whistle’s B2B growth, and unlock more growth and stickiness through our B2B users?
- You’ll serve as the domain expert on engagement and the product funnel at Whistle. You will understand the complete landscape, where the biggest future opportunities are and help us figure out hard questions like ‘how does Whistle grow in a way that is scalable and brings a huge amount of value to our pet parents and business partners?
- Write clean and accurate stories; manage the backlog to ensure the engineering team has the right work at the right time
- Define and own a set of key KPIs
- You’ll work to lead, support and collaborate with a passionate, cross-functional team of product managers, hardware/firmware/software engineers, data analysts and scientists, marketers and designers to execute this roadmap and deliver new initiatives to our pet parents.
- Use customer & market research, customer and user feedback, customer usage and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements
- You’ll craft seamlessly simple user experiences for our B2B partners
- UX workflow and UI diagrams - create wireframes to efficiently convey various data project requirements
- Project Management - you will take control of all aspects of your projects from inception to completion
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO KNOCK IT OUT OF THE DOG PARK:
- Overall 3+ years of product management experience in an Agile environment, with experience building great consumer mobile apps and B2B solutions
- A knack for quickly distilling complex information into potential solutions and effectively communicating to diverse stakeholders including executive leadership
- Strong analytical skills, competence in SQL, and experience with tools for doing data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to drive decisions by pulling and deeply analyzing data
- Ability to clearly describe a product and its benefits to users
- You love to think about how each detail of a product (e.g. the description, interface) can impact user interaction
- You geek out about product engagement, feature usage, conversion rates, funnels, etc.
- You know how to partner with developers and engineers to investigate and understand technical issues
- Monitor user metrics, investigate anomalies (e.g. why usage might have dipped), and talk with our engineers to discover causation of said anomalies
- Maintain and update product roadmaps through collaboration with engineers and business teams
- Define and measure product improvement requirements: what is the fundamental problem for the user, how can we deliver a solution, and how do we measure the impact?
- Strong understanding of current leading BI tools
- Experience specifically in data visualization, dashboard/reporting, data analytics is a plus
- Extra Bonus: Ultimate dog/pet lover and passionate about improving the lives of pets
JOIN OUR PROS!
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Work from the hottest cities across the world
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship