WHO WE ARE
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. We’re a data-driven collective, building the future of pet care with interconnected solutions that reimagine every experience across the pet parent journey. We combine insights, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be, and ultimately create a better world for pets. That includes our world-leading WISDOM PANEL™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the award-winning WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker and health monitor, Pet Insight Project, our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights, and our partnerships like the LEAP VENTURE STUDIO accelerator that supports innovators and start-ups, allowing Kinship to bring new solutions to pet parents.
HOW YOU’LL CREATE A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS
The mission of Product Owners at Whistle is to create the most empowering app and experience for Whistle pet parents. We believe we can improve pet care by creating a 24/7 connection between pet parents and their beloved pets by empowering pet parents with data relating to health, location and activities of their pets.
The Product Owner at Whistle is responsible for setting this vision, driving engagement and retention so that we can build a better world for pets and pet parents.
The Ideal Candidate Is:
- Data & Metrics-Driven: Data and metrics are the foundation of building trust and making impactful decisions. As our Product Owner, Mobile App Retention and Engagement, you’ll keep a close eye on our usage metrics (e.g. engagement, retention, cancelation) and ensure that product decisions and iterations are backed by metrics.
- Customer Focused: Our customer experience teams serve as the eyes and ears on behalf of our Whistle pet parents. As a Product Owner, you’ll play a critical role in being a bridge between our technical and customer experience teams and building solutions to solve customer pain points.
- Innovative: As our Product Owner, you will stay on top of mobile app market trends and industry developments in order to ensure Whistle continues to be one of the most leading-edge products. ● Action-Oriented: As our Product Owner, you will take ownership of product life cycles and help turn ideas into shipped features and products that drive usage. You will think critically while encouraging and communicating deadlines and progress to cross-functional teams. ● Respectful: While doing all of the above, the right Product Manager for us will foster an environment of collaboration and inclusiveness - where positivity, humility, and transparency are the norm.
- Develop and own the vision, strategy and roadmap for the future of user retention and engagement at Whistle. This includes exploring huge topics like:
○ How do we turn our monthly active users into daily active users?
○ How do we use recommendations and personalization to make Whistle more relevant to the countless types of pet parents users who use our app?
○ How can we create flywheels for Whistle’s growth, and unlock more growth through our existing users?
- You’ll serve as the domain expert on engagement and the product funnel at Whistle. You will understand the complete landscape, where the biggest future opportunities are and help us figure out hard questions like ‘how does Whistle grow in a way that is scalable and brings a huge amount of value to our pet parents?
- You’ll be in charge of a set of key KPIs like Stickiness Ratio, App Rating, Lifetime value, App session intervals etc.
- You’ll work to lead, support and collaborate with a passionate, cross-functional team of product managers, hardware/firmware/software engineers, data analysts and scientists, marketers and designers to execute this roadmap and deliver new initiatives to our pet parents.
- Use customer & market research, customer and user feedback, customer usage and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements
- You’ll craft seamlessly simple user experiences for our pet parents
- You’ll conduct A/B tests to optimize engagement and user experience
- Write clean and accurate stories; manage the backlog to ensure the engineering team has the right work at the right time
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO KNOCK IT OUT OF THE DOG PARK:
- 4+ years experience in Product Management for mobile apps in an Agile environment
- Has demonstrated track record in increasing mobile app retention and engagement
- Strong analytical skills, competence in SQL, and experience with tools for doing data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to drive decisions by pulling and deeply analyzing data
- Ability to clearly describe a product and its benefits to users
- You know how to engage and retain a mobile app’s user-base
- You love to think about how each detail of a product (e.g. the description, interface) can impact user interaction
- You geek out about product engagement, feature usage, conversion rates, funnels, etc.
- You know how to partner with developers and engineers to investigate and understand technical issues
- Monitor user metrics, investigate anomalies (e.g. why usage might have dipped), and talk with our engineers to discover causation of said anomalies
- Maintain and update product roadmaps through collaboration with engineers and business teams
- Define and measure product improvement requirements: what is the fundamental problem for the user, how can we deliver a solution, and how do we measure the impact?
- Understands how to use mobile apps analytics tools
- Extra Bonus: Ultimate dog/pet lover and passionate about improving the lives of pets
JOIN OUR PROS!
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Work from the hottest cities across the world
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship