WHO WE ARE
Kinship, Mars Petcare's newest division, is a hotbed for future innovation, data science and analytics, and at the forefront of emerging technology for pets, pet owners and veterinarians. At Kinship, we move quickly to shape the future of pet care. We are Optimistic, Purposefully Inquisitive, Open to all, and passionate about what’s possible. We’re a coalition of bright minds, big ideas, and bold businesses united by our love of pets..
Part of Mars, Incorporated, a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love, the 85,000 Associates in Mars Petcare are dedicated to one purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS. With 75 years of experience, our portfolio of almost 50 brands serves the health and nutrition needs of the world’s pets and The WALTHAM Centre for Pet Nutrition has advanced research in the nutrition and health of pets for over 50 years. Mars Petcare is also a leading veterinary health provider through a network of over 2,000 pets. We’re also active in innovation and technology for pets, with WISDOM PANEL™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker, and LEAP VENTURE STUDIO accelerator and COMPANION FUND™ programs that drive innovation and disruption in the pet care industry.
A BIT ABOUT OUR TEAM
Pet Insight is a team of data scientists, technologists, and vets that has partnered with Whistle Labs, Banfield Pet Hospital, and pet-owner citizen scientists to conduct the largest population health study in pet care. We focus on research and development, building state-of-the-art technologies (see FilterNet https://www.mdpi.com/1424-8220/20/9/2498) and leveraging our unique data to create solutions that improve the lives of pets.
HOW YOU’LL CREATE A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS
- Design and conduct experiments comparing data from different device prototypes in order to bring a new device to market within the current application framework.
- Propose and implement solutions for improving existing models to meet new demands.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand requirements, craft and test solutions, and meet product deadlines.
- Contribute to the creation, deployment, and scaling of customer-facing machine learning and predictive algorithms in a production environment
WHO WE NEED TO CHART THE FUTURE OF PET CARE
We strive to hire people who are passionate about our purpose. For all of our Kinship roles, we look for candidates who will add to our culture and grow with us. We believe what we do is just as important as how we do it, and we aim to hire people who are:
- Optimistic. Those who are Courageous. Who’s boundlessly energy and enthusiasm for what’s next shines through in everything they do. We seek to work with people who are intrinsically happy, and who will drive our vision and purpose while managing the complexities of our businesses.
- Purposefully Inquisitive. Those who Learn at Pace and use their deep business insights to cultivate innovation. We want the trailblazers in tech. Those who are entrepreneurs at heart, ask the tough questions, adapt quickly to new situations, and analyze data in new ways to push our big ideas forward.
- Open to All. Those who Value Difference. People who are inclusive leaders and believe that our differences make us better. We hire people who are naturally collaborative, thrive in a flat and flexible organization, and seek broad perspectives in their work.
And for this role, we hope you have the following skills we require:
- Technical degree (BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other quantitative discipline).
- 3+ years experience in data science.
- Highly proficient with Python tools (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, jupyter notebooks, etc.)
- Familiarity with AWS and cloud infrastructure
- Adept at researching, developing, and deploying new models.
- Skilled in statistical modeling, hypothesis testing, and experimental design.
- Strong experience writing and maintaining production level code.
If you also had these experiences, you’d knock it out of the dog park:
- Wearable technologies
- Accelerometer data
WHY JOIN US?
We offer our Associates:
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Multiple hubs to work from: NYC, San Francisco, Portland, London, Shanghai, and Moscow
- A dog-friendly workplace at most hubs, or right from your couch when you work from home
- Exceptional health, dental, vision, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Support for pet-related appointments and leaves
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new child
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship
Mars, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Copyright ® 2020