WHO WE ARE
Kinship, Mars Petcare's newest division, is a technology company rooted in millennial consumers. We are a hotbed for future innovation, data science and analytics, and at the forefront of emerging technology for pets, pet owners and veterinarians. Kinship is a coalition of bright minds, big ideas, and bold businesses united by our love of pets, and our enthusiasm for the future of pet care.
Part of Mars, Inc. a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love, the 85,000 Associates in Mars Petcare are dedicated to one purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS. With 75 years of experience, our portfolio of almost 50 brands serves the health and nutrition needs of the world’s pets and The WALTHAM Centre for Pet Nutrition has advanced research in the nutrition and health of pets for over 50 years. Mars Petcare is also a leading veterinary health provider through a network of over 2,000 pet hospitals. We’re also active in innovation and technology for pets, with WISDOM PANEL™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker, and LEAP VENTURE STUDIO accelerator and COMPANION FUND™ programs that drive innovation and disruption in the pet care industry.
A BIT ABOUT OUR TEAM
Kinship is looking for an experienced Technical Accountant and Revenue Operations Manager. This role will be highly visible and work closely with the CFO, GC, and Business GM. As a technical accounting and revenue expert, you will review current practices and recommend changes and future opportunities for our ongoing growing business. This role requires deep technical expertise with a strong operational background to apply the theory to the optimal operation process.
As a core member of the Finance team, you will be responsible for inspiring your peers, and leadership including, building an effective and engaged team while supporting their development.
HOW YOU’LL CREATE A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS
- Perform technical research on accounting issues pertaining to new business initiatives, contracts and transactions. Accounting transactions include, but are not limited to, revenue accounting (subscription, hardware, licensing, commission, rev share) software capitalization, venture fund investments, consolidations, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Recommend and review technical data reports to ensure and facilitate revenue reconciliation and reporting.
- Proactively provide accounting advice to stakeholders and business partners (sales, customer support, eng, growth, product,..) to ensure new products, marketing campaigns, new partnership deals or incentives are designed in compliance with 606.
- Prepare detailed accounting memos documenting conclusions reached from accounting research.
- Work cross-functionally with legal, FP&A and other business partners in analyzing transactions, determining accounting treatment and impact on budget forecasts.
- Implement and review policies, process optimization, technology development and system integrations.
- Connect revenue operations roadmap to company strategy and effectively communicate to stakeholders with maximum clarity around requirements, impact, risks, and progress of initiative.
- Drive execution of initiatives to support revenue growth and optimization.
- As the revenue expert across all existing and future business models, ensure all accounting entries are properly recorded and documented following US GAAP/ASC 606.
- Process and/or review accounting entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Serve as point of contact to auditors for technical accounting and revenue.
WHO WE NEED TO SHAPE THE FUTURE OF PET CARE
We strive to hire people who are passionate about our mission: creating a better world for pets. For all of our Kinship roles, we look for candidates who are:
- Purposefully Inquisitive
- Open to All
And for this role, we hope you have the following skills we require to knock it out of the dog park:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Minimum of 5 years of public accounting experience required
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience with a mix between technical accounting and revenue operations
- Experience in international accounting is a plus
- Active CPA license
- Strong technical ASC 606 implementation experience
- Super hands-on and detail-oriented; not afraid to get into the weeds with a small team
- Strong collaborator who knows how to drive decision-making through influence, with forward-looking and solutions-oriented approach
- Inspiring, engaging and clear communication style; strong presence when presenting to executives and senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and solve problems
- Experience with NetSuite, Stripe, Shopify is a plus
WHY JOIN US?
We offer our associates a unique opportunity to have a completely customizable career within pet care. Through Kinship you will work with and learn from a community of industry executives, pet partners, entrepreneurs, and fellow associates across our startup investment companies, outside partners, and in Mars Petcare. Our nimble and flexible approach to work allows you to make an immediate impact across businesses, while learning new skills at every stage. The diversity of our work opens doors to big opportunities and unlocks enormous potential for countless career experiences in pet care. Join us in our mission to chart the future of pet care, alongside the industry’s brightest minds.
Kinship’s offices are global, and so are our associates. We are located in NYC, San Francisco, Portland, London, Helsinki, Shanghai, and in Moscow. Many of us flex between our dog-friendly hubs and our home offices. Today, Kinship offers exceptional benefits for you, your family, and your pets, generous paid time off, exponential opportunities to build a career within pet care, and progressive reward packages. Interested? Let’s take big strides, together.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Copyright ® 2019