The primary mission for the Splunk Senior Technologist is an internal Splunk Subject Matter Expert as well as an external face for the Company as a recognized industry subject matter expert. Your efforts will provide technical leadership as an evangelist for Splunk within the broader Kinney Group IT Operations Analytics practice of the business. In this role you will lean forward to engage with partner and technical leadership at Splunk to understand Splunk’s product roadmap, new product features and solutions, and their impact on Kinney Group’s professional service and branded product offerings. In this technical leadership role, you will work closely with Kinney Group leadership to identify and quantify emerging go to market opportunities and strategies for the platform. You will be the Splunk evangelist across the Company to ensure comprehensive understanding of Splunk and KGI product offerings, and to also drive the Company’s strategic vision of delivering mission, financial, and human ROIs leveraging Splunk technology. You will be a champion of KGI’s Delivery Framework to audiences of KGI colleagues, partners, and key leaders at Splunk. You must have a strong work ethic that reflects Kinney Group’s core values: Competitive, Innovative, Customer Centric, Bias to Action and Chopper.
- Team Engagement
- Provide Technical leadership to the engineering organization as a mentor and Solution Architect
- Assist in leading KGI’s teams of Splunk architects and engineers to develop compelling use cases and application capabilities based the Splunk platform
- Collaborate with line management to ensure personal development and training requirements are aligned with current and emerging opportunities.
- Technology Expertise
- Understand the capabilities of Splunk and the broader product ecosystem to include storage, virtualization, networking and cloud principles.
- Understand our partners and competitor’s roadmaps and present new and interesting capabilities to KGI leadership for inclusion in the product & service roadmap.
- Understand how Kinney Group and our customers can leverage new technologies in alignment with industry trends.
- Collaborate with partners and customers on product and solutions-based reference architectures that match both best practices and technology roadmaps.
- Broad systems and technology expertise including demonstrable expertise in troubleshooting complex issues.
- Identify business opportunities for leveraging Splunk as a standalone solution and in concert with KGI’s other technology platforms.
- Work with Business Development and Sales on new industry verticals to pursue, in tandem with our partners.
- Provide solution design, technical leadership and define scope for complex customer engagements.
- Excellent written, verbal & presentation skills required to present to internal, external and industry stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Maintain 50% billable utilization via senior Splunk architect engineering services.
Required Skills and Education
- 10+ years of progressive industry expertise
- Splunk Certified Consultant
- Demonstrated Industry leadership in areas of expertise (white papers, blog posts, presentation materials)
- Well-versed on data center technologies associated with large enterprise systems with particular focus on data center infrastructure, security, IT operations, and process automation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-oriented discipline.
- Virtualization: Experienced with VMware’s suite of products
- Storage: Understand and work with customers and storage vendors to optimize for Big Data Analytics workloads. Vendors such as Pure Storage, NetApp, Hitachi (HDS), EMC or other Tier 1 Storage
- Networking: Understand and experienced with various enterprise networking vendors.
- Server Platforms: Understand and work with customers and compute vendors to optimize platforms such as HP, Dell, IBM, Cisco UCS or equivalent.
- Previous experience in identifying, developing, or managing SaaS or MSP product offerings.
- Driven, accountable, innovative and a self-starter.
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.