As the Splunk Administrator, you will serve as a Splunk SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Kinney Group customers and prospects. Your role is responsible for maintaining, developing, and operationalizing the Splunk environment on behalf of Kinney Group customers in order to drive adoption and positive business outcomes within mission, financial, and human objectives. The successful Administrator will become a Trusted Advisor by providing customer consultation and living our core values: Customer Centric, Innovative, Competitive, Bias to Action, and Chopper.
Required Skills and Education
- 2+ years’ of hands-on experience troubleshooting with the following technologies:
- IT systems administration on Windows or UNIX platforms (RH Linux, SUSE Linux, HP-UX, Solaris or equivalent)
- Windows scripting (batch, VBScript, Powershell) to achieve automated results
- Client/server communications privacy using private key infrastructure (PKI)
- Effectively using regex (regular expressions) with scripting
- Linux scripting (SH, BASH, KSH)
- Splunk knowledge and hands-on experience in the following key attributes of Splunk
- Splunk Administration
- Splunk Search Processing language
- Splunk Reporting and Dashboard Creation
- Application load balancing in Splunk and/or using DNS and Load Balancing Services (such as F5)
- Excellent customer care provided in a customer-facing environment demonstrated through prior experience
- Growth mindset to take on new challenges and demonstrate field-based learning initiative
- Splunk Administrator Certification
- Active Secret security clearance
Preferred Skills/ Certifications
- Splunk Architect Certification
- Other Preferred Credentials: Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications, Security+, CISSP
- Desire to travel and grow a consulting-focused career in the Analytics & Automation field
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.