At Kinney Group, we empower our customers’ transition to the cloud, and we need your help. Our solutions leverage forward-leaning cloud computing systems in a space emerging as the “New IT”, which gives our colleagues access to compelling work. We seek ambidextrous talent: we have the engineering prowess to paint the masterpiece, and the business savvy to make the necessary, fine-tuned brush strokes to get there.
This hands-on role will be accountable for accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, treasury, tax, internal controls, annual audits and financial reporting. This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financials statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. The Controller will be involved in supporting presentations to the board finance and audit committee, executive leadership, and management teams.
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections and payroll.
- Ensure timely execution of monthly, quarterly and annual close processes.
- Complete monthly financial statement packets for internal and external audiences.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls to adequately safeguard the assets of the company.
- Review general ledger entries and balance sheet reconciliations to ensure proper placement in accordance with GAAP.
- Responsible for all taxes including corporate, state, local, sales, use and payroll taxes.
- Coordinate and prepare for annual audits
- Manage the stock options plan
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Stays abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance for the function.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
- Aligns financial policies and procedures with company objectives.
- Leverage strengths of the current accounting team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to KGI’s mission; a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the COO, the responsibility for accounting.
Required Skills and Education:
- Excellent attention to details
- Driven, accountable and a self-starter
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Sound technical skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to identify risk and flag concerns to management
- Strong knowledge of GAAP & FAR
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external customers at various levels of the organization
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required, MBA preferred
- CPA strongly preferred
- Prior public accounting experience desired
- Previous experience in process improvements
- Minimum of ten years professional experience with at least five years in management
- Travel requirement approximately 10%
More about Kinney Group:
Kinney Group is a cloud solutions integrator harnessing the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Automation is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced security, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.