Kinney Group teams support mission-critical needs for our customers. In this role, you will serve as part of an elite team of Engineers dedicated to excellence. We harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives and this role will serve as part of a team of Engineering professionals improving naval security at Crane Naval base in Odon, IN.
As a Linux Systems Administrator you will be involved in operating system and application maintenance and configuration - from acquisition to maintenance intervals and upgrades including end of life planning. You will be responsible for security and configuration compliance and will work with other members of the IT System Administration Team, vendor management, IT Asset Owners, and other teams associated with the division. As part of your responsibilities, you will be asked to respond to requests from end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT system assistance, data, and information.
- Perform system monitoring using approved tools and processes to validate system health
- Assist with the analysis of system resource trends and gathers customer requirements for capacity planning
- Collaborates with senior personnel in performing risk assessments to determine impact on customer business processes and systems downtime and proposes changes as needed
- Implements system changes across large, complex and diverse server environments by using standardized defined methods and procedures
- Provides efficient and prompt handling of all changes to improve day-to-day operations.
- Install and administer hardware, Linux operating systems, and software applications. Including system fixes, updates, and enhancements
- Manage computer and user accounts, privileges, and system access
- Manage system resources by monitoring of performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recovery
- Performs troubleshooting, analysis of alerts, and repairs on systems
- Ensure system availability, functionality, integrity and efficiency, and maintain system configuration and documentation
- Implement security procedures, CS assessment & authorization security controls in accordance with local and DOD procedures and requirements
- Provide IT support for workstations, scanners and servers to ensure that operability requirements are up to date with latest patches and firmware and that the hardware is configured properly
- Provide IT support for current and emerging technologies
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify issues or inconsistencies, obtain relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources, and identify alternative solutions
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the capability to make decisions and adapt to change
- Ownership and execution of incident management and system maintenance
- Preferred familiarity with VMware or other Virtual Environment platforms
- Familiarity with Shell Scripting (e.g. Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby)
- Secure communication protocols (SSH, TLS)
Required Skills and Education
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in Linux administration (Red Hat or Ubuntu preferred)
- Secret security clearance level
- Security+ certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience
- Familiarity with Red Hat and/or Ubuntu
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.