The Commercial Strategic Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for guiding all aspects of transaction execution with new customer prospects and existing Kinney Group customers. Transaction execution encompasses the efforts associated with direct demand creation, sales cycle management, proposal creation, and contract closure for data center solutions pursued with customer organizations.
The Commercial SAM is also charged with establishing and optimizing relationships with sales and business development counterparts at our OEM platform partners. Working closely with the sales teams at Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware, the Commercial SAM will be afforded unique access to new business opportunities. We have created a true win-win formula with our OEM platform partners.
Kinney Group needs you to drive incremental opportunities tied to our high-impact engineering solutions and become proficient on key technical platforms and solutions that we represent. Participating in industry events to expand contact networks and gaining market understanding to guide company efforts for the purpose of ensuring total customer satisfaction will be critical to this position.
- Provide technical knowledge of identified platforms – primarily Splunk, Puppet, AppDynamics, and the VMware cloud suite. You will be able to articulate a deep understanding of Kinney Group’s business value to customers by completing training tracks provided within 90 days of hire
- Manage business relationships and expand sales with existing Kinney Group commercial customers
- Manage sales cycles to commercial customers from beginning to end
- Meet all sales quotas related to solutions, services, and subscription-based services revenue
- Effectively utilize both Kinney Group and platform partner resources to effectively address both customer’s technical and business requirements
- Utilize Salesforce effectively to manage pipeline growth and track selling activities
- Demonstrated expertise of strategies and tactics associated with complex sales of technology services offerings to large organizations
- Strong technical aptitude and great cultural attitude are a must – commitment to learning and living the Kinney Group values, selling model, and customer centric approach
Required Skills and Education:
- 5+ years of Enterprise IT sales experience
- Working knowledge of cloud-computing technologies, automation, analytics, and data center fundamentals
- Ability to travel 25-35% as needed
- Experience and relationships with Splunk, Puppet, Cisco (AppDynamics), and VMware selling organizations considered a big plus
- Strong desire to maximize personal earning potential tied to revenue generation and goal achievement
- Commitment to solving customer problems with a bias to action
- Competitive drive for closing deals and making money
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field preferred
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.