The Opportunity with Kinney Group
Kinney Group (KGI) is a specialized solutions provider that harnesses the power of analytics and automation to help customers achieve their aspirations with digital transformation and journeys with cloud computing.
KGI is a nationally recognized services and solutions provider for Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and the VMware vCloud Suite. KGI views these platforms as key enablers for customers pursuing secure, cloud-oriented approaches for their critical applications. We support some of the most recognizable commercial brands and public sector agencies in the nation. Since 2013, we have delivered over 500 analytics and automation engineering engagements to US Public Sector and Commercial enterprise and mid-market customers on the platforms referenced above.
As a Federal Strategic Account Manager (SAM) at KGI, you will have a unique opportunity to assist customers in their activation and adoption of automation and analytics – two of the hottest sectors within the IT landscape. This role is a direct selling role to US Federal agencies and associated Federal Systems Integrators.
KGI’s primary analytics platform is Splunk –recognized as the market leader for big data analytics. Our primary platform for automation is Puppet – again, this platform is also recognized as a sector leader for automation. The primary role for the Federal SAM at Kinney Group is to pursue business for the Company’s engineering services, managed services, and solutions built on the Splunk and Puppet platforms.
KGI has won numerous awards in Public Sector specifically for these platforms. Honors received include:
- Splunk Public Sector Services Partner of the Year in 2015 and 2017
- Splunk Marketing Partner of the Year in 2016
- Puppet Government Partner of the Year in 2018
In addition to building solutions on the Splunk and Puppet platforms, the Company also provides compelling solutions built on the AppDynamics and VMware vCloud Suite platforms. Further, KGI is a recognized leader for designing and building cloud and on-prem environments that will support analytics and AI/ML solutions operating at scale.
The Company’s experience and expertise in highly secure, classified environments provides unique differentiation for our firm when working with leadership at the customers we support. Simply put, KGI has a truly unique story and value proposition that has provided us with competitive differentiation within the US Public Sector marketplace.
The Federal Strategic Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for guiding all aspects of transaction execution with new customer prospects and existing Kinney Group customers. Transaction execution encompasses the efforts associated with direct demand creation, sales cycle management, proposal creation, and contract closure for data center solutions pursued with customer organizations.
The Federal SAM is also charged with establishing and optimizing relationships with sales and business development counterparts at our OEM platform partners. Working closely with the sales teams at Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware, the Federal SAM will be afforded unique access to new business opportunities. We have created a true win-win formula with our OEM platform partners.
Incentive compensation for the Federal SAM has no cap – we encourage our sales team members to exceed their targets and maximize their earnings.
This position will be based in the metro Washington DC area.
Experience Background Preferences
- Five years or more of successful experience with “complex” sales to US Federal organizations
- Current knowledge of the US Federal marketplace, with specific knowledge and experience with DoD and IC customers strongly preferred
- Sound understanding of technical fundamentals of IT hardware, software, and services
- Experience and success with consultatively selling technology solutions that drive customer ROI and mission results
- Relationships with sales personnel and teams at Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware is considered a big plus
- Current security clearance desired
Preferred Behavior Attributes
- Self-starter with discipline to develop and manage new and existing accounts; creates self-structure that follows Company objectives.
- Strong aptitude for understanding of core concepts of different technology platforms and how those concepts can map to customer mission objectives.
- Resilient resource that will continue to pursue efforts that are associated with long sales cycle.
- Learner approach that is receptive to outside coaching and will seek outside guidance for supporting sales pursuits.
- Team player that effectively utilizes all company resources.
- Listening mindset for engaging customers and partners.
- Aggressive pursuer of opportunity that has a sense of urgency.
- Strategic thought process that can look ahead to see emerging opportunities within new and existing customers and will take the initiatives to analyze and execute the associated sales efforts.
- Persistent and detailed focus to ensure closure throughout the length of the sales cycle.