As a Federal Strategic Account Manager at Kinney Group, you will drive demand and sell our solutions, engineering services, and subscription-based services solutions to US Federal agencies and organizations. The sales territory will be US Federal organizations within a 500-mile radius of Washington, DC along with assigned agencies and programs.
Kinney Group needs you to drive incremental opportunities tied to our high-impact engineering solutions and become proficient on key technical platforms and solutions that we represent. Participating in industry events to expand contact networks and gaining market understanding to guide company efforts for the purpose of ensuring total customer satisfaction will be critical to this position.
As a Distribution Account Manager at Kinney Group, you will drive demand and sell our professional services offerings with emphasis on subscription-based solutions. The sales territory will be national primarily within our base of distribution partners. A successful candidate will be able to provide excellent coverage of multiple opportunities simultaneously in different stages of the sales process. Travel will be up to 25% and will primarily be connecting to partners in Denver, Washington D.C. and Atlanta.
- Provide technical knowledge of identified platforms – primarily Splunk, Puppet, AppDynamics, and the VMware cloud suite. You will be able to articulate a deep understanding of Kinney Group’s business value to customers by completing training tracks provided within 90 days of hire
- Manage business relationships and expand sales with existing Kinney Group Federal government customers
- Ongoing interface and relationship development with technology platform partner Public Sector sales organizations selling primarily into US Federal agencies and programs
- Manage sales cycles to Federal organizations from beginning to end
- Meet all sales quotas related to solutions, services, and subscription-based services revenue
- Effectively utilize both Kinney Group and platform partner resources to effectively address both customer’s technical and business requirements
- Utilize Salesforce effectively to manage pipeline growth and track selling activities
- Demonstrated expertise of strategies and tactics associated with complex sales of technology services offerings to large organizations, including sound fundamental knowledge of US Federal procurement strategies
- Knowledge of the DoD and Intelligence Community marketplaces and the manufacturer partner ecosystem within these markets is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field preferred
- Strong technical aptitude and great cultural attitude are a must – commitment to learning and living the Kinney Group values, selling model, and customer centric approach
Required Skills and Education:
- Working knowledge of cloud-computing technologies, automation, analytics, and data center fundamentals with an understanding of how these fundamentals are unique within US Federal agencies and programs
- Experience and relationships with Splunk, Puppet, Cisco (AppDynamics), and VMware selling organizations considered a big plus
- Strong desire to maximize personal earning potential tied to revenue generation and goal attainment
- Commitment to solving customer problems with a bias to action
- Competitive drive for closing deals and making money
- Ability to travel 25-35% as needed
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.