The Contracts Manager will ensure consistent management of all proposals and contracts. This role includes oversight of the contract management process, as well as development of specific contract standards, terms and conditions, agreements, contract negotiations and document management. The contracts manager’s role in the contract development process requires close collaboration with all departments.
- Manage all aspects of contracting, including sales, service, partner, and procurement contracts for the company.
- Serve as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters. Act as contractual “middleman” between company colleagues and customers/partners/vendors, ensuring timely review and approval of variations.
- On all standard and nonstandard contracts, provide redlined recommendations and negotiate directly with customer attorneys, contract managers or purchasing staff until consensus has been reached in accordance with KGI standards.
- Use contract management system to maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contract information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects/programs.
- Work with internal teams to further develop, implement, execute and maintain all facets of contract management platform including automated tools, workflows, and the review and approval processes.
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring the proper filing and organization of contracts and agreements.
- Track document approval and signature process to ensure that agreements are in place when required and are properly executed in compliance with company policies.
- Ensure the return of fully executed contracts and related correspondence to external customers.
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant internal and external parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support implementation.
- Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal.
- Provide guidance on contract matters to project managers, sales colleagues, and other operational staff, including training in contracting practices and procedures.
- Refine, develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy, DCAA, FAR, GSA and all other applicable standards. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Monitor compliance by colleagues with established procedures. Identify areas of recurrent pressure.
- Liaison between the legal and other internal departments and assist in ensuring the proper tracking of contractual obligations.
- Coordinate with Accounting to ensure contracts are consistent with accounting, insurance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing and discounting policies, etc. May include working with accounting/finance to understand and evaluate economic impact of terms and term options.
- Support Product Management / Marketing to ensure company products and services are offered with appropriate, competitive terms and conditions.
- Handle on-going change management in the contracting process.
- Must exercise discretion and sound judgment and be capable of handling sensitive materials and maintaining confidentiality.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, contracting or legal.
- Master’s Degree (MBA/MS) or Law Degree preferred.
- Highest degree of ethics and integrity.
- 7+ years of contracts management and negotiation experience with primary and autonomous responsibility for reviewing, drafting and negotiating a broad range of standard commercial and federal contracts within a Procurement or Legal Department.
- Extensive knowledge of the basic types of commercial agreement structures and the function and purpose of key legal terms (i.e., indemnification, limitation of liability, warranties, intellectual property, data rights, confidentiality).
- Ability to work with all contract types to include but not limited to NDA, Sales/Purchasing Agreements, Sub-contracts, Consulting, Licensing agreements, MSA, Distribution/Partner Agreements and vendors for commercial and public sectors.
- Skilled at explaining contract terms to both legal and non-legal professionals.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a bias for action in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication and prioritization.
- Extremely customer-focused with strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiator with experience in setting negotiation objectives and tactics, and planning for and conducting negotiations.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to synthesize, distill and draw conclusions from data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Innovative thinker with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.