As an Infrastructure Automation Engineer, you will use the latest IT technologies to build infrastructure automation solutions for customers. In this role, you will use your technical knowledge and real-world IT experience to help Kinney Group’s customers automate complex processes and build secure systems for customers in both the commercial and public sectors. To be successful in this role, you must enjoy solving challenging technical problems in both a solo and team-based projects. This role requires a motivation to learn new technologies quickly with the intention of becoming a certified expert in a given discipline.
- Team Membership
- Collaborate effectively with the other Engineering team members.
- Provide input to line management regarding personal development & training.
- Function as a SME and provide assistance to other members of the team.
- Technology Expertise
- Understand the capabilities of the technologies for which they are a Subject Matter Expert.
- Broad systems and technology expertise including demonstrable expertise in troubleshooting complex issues.
- Proven experience in managing change in a dynamic environment.
- Provide solution design and technical input for internal and external customer solutions.
- Ensure that company development and process standards are implemented in all internal systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to present to internal, and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Available to travel up to 60%
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience building automation solutions with VMware’s vRealize Orchestrator
- Experience building infrastructure automation solutions with both Windows and Linux based systems
- Passion for automating infrastructure, software deployment and configuration
- Experience working on Agile based delivery teamsVersion control experience using Git
- Experience automating complex processes in a virtualized data center or cloud based environment
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible with a strong preference toward Puppet
- Extensive experience working within a VMware virtualization environment
- Customer facing experience in a technical support or consulting role
- Hands-on experience with VMware’s vRealize Automation suite of tools
- Hands-on experience with PowerCLI
- VMware certifications (VCP-DCV, VCP-CMA)
- Proven experience building automated infrastructure deployment pipelines using CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- DoD Clearance preferred but not required
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.