Kinney Group teams support mission-critical needs for our customers. In this role, you will serve as part of an elite team of Engineers dedicated to excellence. We harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives and this role will serve as part of a team of Engineering professionals improving naval security at Crane Naval base in Oden, IN.
As a Systems Administrator you will be involved in operating system and application maintenance and configuration - from acquisition to maintenance intervals and upgrades including end of life planning. You will be responsible for security and configuration compliance and will work with other members of the IT System Administration Team, vendor management, IT Asset Owners, and other teams associated with the division. As part of your responsibilities, you will be asked to respond to requests from end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT system assistance, data, and information.
- Perform workstation, server, network, and application scanning to determine vulnerability risks that may exist
- Review and identify known risks according to Cyber Security requirements and mitigate known risks acceptable levels as determined by the ISSO to reduce the likelihood of risk to the system
- Support the design, development, and integration of software/hardware based solutions
- Install software application that provide or enhance the security of individual platforms, systems, and/or networks
- Conduct analyses and record findings on current patch compliance status of computers for use in the Assessment & Authorization process
- Apply appropriate updates to systems as required to maintain CS compliance in accordance with DOD directives
- Support government personnel in the administration and information removal of hard drive, tape, and optical disc in accordance with local and DOD policy to enhance the data integrity of the system.
- Configure and implement CS Assessment & Authorization security controls in accordance with local procedures
- Provide hardware and software support for network connected workstations, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) devices, applications, and printers to ensure that operability requirements are up to dates and that the devices meet CS hardware configuration requirements
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Required Skills and Education
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis. ACAS & STIG experience a plus
- Secret security clearance
- Security+ certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.