Kinney Group teams support mission-critical needs for our customers. In this role, you will serve as part of an elite team of Engineers dedicated to excellence. We harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives and this role will serve as part of a team of Engineering professionals.
An Enterprise Management Systems (EMS) Engineer's expertise is needed to support Data Center Service.
This position designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Performs installation, administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the Fault and Performance tools.
- Configures EMS tools to provide up-to-date operational and performance status of servers and applications.
- Develops, implements, and executes standard procedures for the administration, backup, disaster recovery, and operation of the EMS tools including operating system security hardening, backup management, capacity planning, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle upgrade management.
- Configure EMS tools to provide up-to-date operational and performance status of servers and applications.
- Perform actions and activities on Solaris, Linux, and Windows operating systems as needed.
- Interfaces with DSC Operations staff to adapt EMS tool capabilities to meet operational requirements.
- Assists with analysis using EMS and other tools to detect and respond to IT events, incidents, and outages.
- Performing systems hardening to DoD Standards
- Apply vendor patches and new designs to keep products up-to-date and meet security requirements.
- Patching occurs after 4pm for some systems and after 6pm for other system
- Maintaining up to date documentation of designs/configurations including diagrams in MS Visio and/or PowerPoint
- Create shell and Perl scripts to facilitate automated tasks
- Work with other Service Providers to support areas of common interest
- Work with engineers to establish and modify thresholds to better monitor systems
- Working with software and hardware vendors to resolve issues and share requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
- 3-6 years of experience with BMC specific tools
- TS/SCI government security clearance (active)
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.