The primary mission for the Project Manager is to assist in the development and delivery of core engineering projects and ensuring that we are delivering high levels of service (Kinney Group Unexpected Experience) to our customers and colleagues.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives while involving all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget
- Provide project status reports and serve as primary customer interface for scope, schedule, and budget issues
- Develop detailed project plans in order to monitor and track progress
- Measure project performance using industry best standard practices
- Maintain relationships with customers throughout project
- Communication to internal and external stakeholders in a timely fashion
- Engage the contracts department during all phases of the project to ensure compliance
- Identify successful and unsuccessful project elements after project completion and provide recommendations for improvement
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Assist with creating repeatable, scalable best practices
- Up to 10% travel
Required Skills and Education
- Experience in IT project management including task definition, scheduling, budgeting, reporting and resource management
- 5 years total business experience. 2+ years of project coordination/management experience
- Excellent detail oriented and organizational skills
- Superb client-facing communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to embody Customer company culture
- Experience with IT solutions development such as Virtualization, Networking, Data Analytics and Security
- Good customer service and time management skills
- Based in Indianapolis Area or willing to relocate
- BS degree preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Technical aptitude to aide in connecting business issues with technical issues
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.