Kinney Group teams support mission-critical needs for our customers. In this role, you will serve as part of an elite team of Engineers dedicated to excellence. We harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives and this role will serve as part of a team of Engineering professionals improving naval security at Crane Naval base in Oden, IN.
- Administer and troubleshoot 2012 and 2016 Windows servers
- Ensures that software updates, patches and configurations are maintained to current standards, assists with account creations and permission granting as well monitoring and tweaking system parameters to maximize system performance
- Responsible for monitoring, evaluating, and remediating any system health concerns of SCOM systems within the production environment
- Updates and maintains configuration and recovery documentation for designated systems
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery
- May program in an administrative language
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results
- Provides advice and training to end-users
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
Required Skills and Education
- Secret security clearance level
- Security+ certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience
- Experience with the installation and administration of Microsoft System Center Operation Manager
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in a systems administration position
- Experience in application/network performance and availability monitoring
- Working knowledge of VMWare and Sharepoint is strongly preferred
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.