Kinney Group has an opening for a Virtualization Architect for its Next Generation Data Center business to lead and manage a team of skilled engineers.
The Virtualization Architect´s role is to analyze, design and plan architecture according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of data quality and availability, including analysis and integration of new customers and projects into the Architecture. This individual is responsible for the design, specifications, sizing, development, and oversight of policies, standards and procedures to ensure a consistent architecture and management throughout the organization.
- 7+ years of previous architecture experience, across multiple vendor and technologies
- In-depth understanding of Cloud, Server, Storage, and Virtualization architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and practices
- Solid experience architecting enterprise Cloud, Virtualization, Server and Storage systems within a broad spectrum of technologies
- Expert knowledge of Private, Public and Hybrid Cloud environments
- Excellent knowledge of Cloud Orchestration platforms
- Proven experience Windows Server, Linux, in HA/DR type configurations
- Excellent knowledge of Sever hardware
- Extensive experience with VMWare ESX, vSphere, vRA
- Expertise with SAN, NAS, DAS, RAID, SCSI, Fiber Channel, Backup to Disk, clustering, encryption technologies from multiple vendors
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- VMWARE Cloud, Virtualization, Server and Storage vendor Certifications Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language appropriate to both executive, managerial and technical audiences.
- Effectively manage relationships with other architecture teams, application teams, vendors, partners, stakeholders, business and customer representatives.
- Organizational skills with attention to task details, documentation and target dates.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team orientated, willing to share knowledge and collaborate with peers.
- Proven analytical, strategic vision drawing on strong problem-solving abilities.
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Conduct research into server, storage, virtualization issues, standards, and products.
- Work with sales leadership to scope new opportunities and develop sales materials
- Work with the Program Management Office on successfully and timely program execution.
- Provide solution design guidance and technical development support to the team.
- Work with the other leaders to develop and enforce quality and process standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to present to internal, external & industry stakeholders.
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.