Kinney Group teams support mission-critical needs for our customers. In this role, you will serve as part of an elite team of Engineers dedicated to excellence. We harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives and this role will serve as part of a team of Engineering professionals.
The successful Senior Systems Administrator will manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. In this role, you will support important Federal missions to drive efficiency and productivity within a systems environment.
The shift for this opening is 5:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Shifts are worked on a 3on/4off, 4on/3off basis, with days of work being Sunday - Wednesday.
The Senior Systems Administrator responsibilities include:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer, network and storage system administration and support
- Knowledge of related hardware and software i.e. Server, Unix/Linux, Cisco, and Microsoft products
- May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment
- Knowledge of basic networking principles (routing, DNS, etc.) and/or system administration (perfmon, services, software installation, etc.) desired
- Working knowledge of enterprise monitoring technologies (BMC BEM/SIM/BPPM, HP NNM, CA eHealth, etc.) and ITSM suites (Remedy, Siebel, HP Service Desk, etc.) desired
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following technologies strongly desired:
- Microsoft Exchange (2010 preferred) - recipient administration, server administration, monitoring, break-fix, OWA
- Netbackup - monitoring scheduled backup jobs, restarting backups, executing restores, verification of backup data integrity
- SAN/NAS - monitoring status, basic troubleshooting, space allocation
- Virtualization - monitoring or supporting virtual servers and desktops using Citrix and VMWare
- Imagery libraries and imagery exploitation systems - Troubleshooting imagery flow, systems interfaces, availability of images and throughput of imagery systems
- Technical operations at DOD agencies, particularly NGA and DIA
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Active TS/SCI government security clearance
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in a network/system administration related support role
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.