As the Splunk Development Engineer, you will be a Splunk expert for Splunk clients. Your role as Splunk Engineer is responsible for architecting, deploying and configuring Splunk products on behalf of Kinney Group customers. Ideally, you will have a security and system administration experience and have worked directly with core Splunk implementation.
Kinney Group will invest in training and development for team members to maintain current in new technology and tools, which serve our current and future commercial and Federal customers.
This role will be located in Washington, DC.
- The Splunk Development Engineer should have at least two (2) years of hands-on experience in IT systems administration on Windows or UNIX platforms (RH Linux, SUSE Linux, HP-UX, Solaris or equivalent) including experience in Splunk administration within an enterprise environment. Must include specific expertise executing program installation and configuration from the command line.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and strong technical learning aptitude required.
- Experience must include using regex (regular expressions) with a scripting language. Experience with perl regular expressions are preferred, but use of regex objects in any scripting language (bash, Python, C++, Ruby, etc.) is acceptable.
- At least two years working with Splunk Core
- Splunk experience including, but not limited to, Splunk Administration; Splunk Search Processing language; Splunk Reporting and Dashboard Creation
- The Splunk Development Engineer should have experience in Windows scripting (batch, VBScript, PowerShell) with at least two (2) years experience with these technologies.
- Prefer experience working with Windows System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Prefer experience in software update management using Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) Technology
- Experience in systems administration – specifically hardening – using Microsoft Group Policy Objects (GPO)
- Experience in application load balancing in Splunk and/or using DNS and Load Balancing Services (such as F5)
- The Splunk Deployment Engineer should be versed in linux scripting (SH, BASH, KSH) with at least two (2) years experience with these technologies.
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.