At Kinney Group, we empower our customers’ transition to the cloud, and we need your help. Our solutions leverage forward-leaning cloud computing systems in a space emerging as the “New IT”, which gives our colleagues access to compelling work. We seek ambidextrous talent: we have the engineering prowess to paint the masterpiece, and the business savvy to make the necessary, fine-tuned brush strokes to get there.
We are holistic, strategic thinkers and we demonstrate West Coast agility. Regardless of the role, we are deliberate about customer intimacy and doing the right thing. All. The. Time.
Engineers at Kinney Group make an elite team of technology maestros and have a continuous focus on evolving, forward-leaning technology. This is all while understanding a project’s true organizational purpose and having sensitivity for our customers’ cloud transition experience.
As an Application Engineer, you will be an Application deployment expert for Kinney Group customers and prospects. Your role as Application Engineer is responsible for architecting, deploying and configuring AppDynamics products on behalf of Kinney Group customers. Additionally, as an Application Engineer you will play a central role in expanding the Kinney Group IT Operations Analytics practice.
Attaining the professional services revenue goals of the engineering team by demonstrating sound decision making, disciplined technical execution and domain expertise, and a relentless focus on customer experience will be critical to your position. Kinney Group will invest in training and development for team members to remain current in new technology and tools, which serve our current and future commercial and Federal customers.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years experience in DevOps, IT consulting, system administration and/or APM
- Experience in software or application architecture and/or consulting
- Experience in either full application stack monitoring or full application stack development preferred.
- Minimum requirement is strong, demonstrable understanding of full application stack architectures
- Enjoys working in fast-paced, varied environments with highly diverse application architectures
- Interested in using Big Data Analytics to solving business problems
- Ability to use collaboration to solve problems and think on your feet
- Familiarity with Linux
- IT Consulting experience
- Ability to interface with customers and lead complex deployments while following a methodology
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred in a technical discipline
- Knowledge in one or more of the following monitoring tools: New Relic, AppDynamics, Foglight, Dynatrace, SteelCentral, Compuware APM, or BMC Software APM
- Mobile Development experience
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.