The primary mission for the Vmware Engineer is to architect, build and deploy VMware based solutions. This role will deliver VMware and infrastructure consulting services on both individual and team based projects on a contractual or freelanced basis.
To be successful in this role, the VMware Engineer should be experienced and comfortable taking the lead role for all VMware and infrastructure related aspects of a project. In addition to the VMware toolset, this role will be expected to provide hands-on services for the design and deployment of core hardware components in the areas of storage, network and compute.
- Team Membership
- Must be willing and able to collaborate effectively with other Engineering team members.
- Provide input to line management regarding personal development & training.
- Function as a SME and provide assistance to other members of the team.
- Actively participate in Agile based project with cross-functional teams.
- Technology Expertise
- Broad infrastructure and virtualization technology expertise including demonstrable expertise in troubleshooting complex issues
- Demonstrated experience in the VMware technology stack with a specific focus on vRealize Automation and/or NSX
- Willing to be directly involved in all aspects of the system development process from design to the rack-and-stack of equipment
- Available to travel up to 75% (or as often as required on selected engagements/ contracts)
Skills & Qualifications
- At least five (5) years of VMware vSphere experience. VCP-DCV certification.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer technology or other technology related degree.
- Expertise with one or more of the following VMware products: vRealize Automation Suite, VMware NSX, and VSAN.
- Storage: Design, build and operate NetApp, Pure Storage or other Tier 1 Storage
- Server Platforms: Design, build and operate various server platforms such as, Dell FX, Cisco UCS or equivalent.
- Previous hands-on expertise with SAN-based replication and DR technologies.
- Prior experience working with Agile development methodologies for managing projects. Scrum or Kanban experience preferred.
- A firm understanding of DevOps concepts and tools like Infrastructure-as-code, containers and source code management.
- Experience in cloud based technologies like AWS. Preferred but not required.
- Additional skills/experience/certifications that are highly desired in this role:
- Demonstrated scripting experience in Linux and Windows environments
- Palo Alto Networks
- Industry certifications especially Security+
- Cisco certifications
- DoD Security Clearance (Secret or higher)
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.